Keeping trim clean question

Fanged03

Established Member
How do you guys keep the trim clean and undamage from a buffer or orbital? How do you get the paint right up to the trim and rubber seals? Like on the roof near the top of the windshield.

Thanks,
Brent

crizzut

Established Member
generally they dress the trim before they detail, I personally don't know of any trim restorer that will not fade after a wash but Im sure there's a few out there.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
i normally do trim as my final step along with tire dressing. But most of the prodcuts I use dont stain trim so its not an issue for me. Also i use a paint sponge or a thin spong to lightly apply the dressing(V.R.T). If i touch the paint I'll, go over that areas with a QD, its simple. :) applying dressing will always get areas that you don'y like but thats why you do a Final inspection on your paint & QD it. :-D

Fanged03

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys, but i guess i wasn't clear enough. I was more curious about how you protect the trim. Say when you are buffing the car. Do you just stay a few inches away and then get the painted areas the buffer didn't get by hand? How do you get the wax on the painted areas right next to the trim and rubber moldings? I'm not so much worried about dressings on the trim as to how to keep wax and compounds off the trim. I've had cars detailed before and sometimes there will be spots on the trim that look like it was buffed cause its shinier.

Thanks in advance,
Brent

Users who are viewing this thread