keeping the dash lit during the day

huggytree

Established Member
i love the way the speedo looks at night.....is there a way to keep it lit up during the day?

even when i turn the lights on they dont light up...they need to sense darkness...i know there's probably a way and im just being stupid, but i cant figure it out

:pepper:

Myfast70

Established Member
Could possibly be an electronic or programming way but a small piece of electrical tape over the sensor will suffice in a pinch.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Simple, cover the light sensor on your dash. :idea:

I tested it with my hand just the other day. Works fine. All you'd have to do is decide how you'd want to cover it (tape, item, etc).

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
There must be something wrong with mine, it lights up white during the daytime.

I think that's normal. Mine does it too. White when the sensor detects above a certain light level, and your color selection when it detects below it. I also think it has an autodim because my colors don't look as bright when it's still partially light out.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you place your headlight switch in any position except "0" (off), the dash lights will come up in the night time mode (color).

huggytree

Established Member
when i turn my lights from Auto to ON the head lights come on and when i open up the cup holder i can see the lights on inside there....but the dash lights stay plain white

seems odd with such a cool colored dash light system that there's no option to keep it on full time....it looks spectactular at night

i thought i was just an idiot and couldnt figure it out.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Not in the day time mine doesn't.

Hmm... Mine works in the garage with all the garage overhead lights on, I will have to try it next time I go for a spin in the daytime. Maybe the sensor senses UV light and not fluorescent light?

Users who are viewing this thread