Keeping the Cobra.....

rexisme

Established Member
Well, its been up for sale for a little while. Got a few calls on it, few pms, few offers. Nothing though that I would consider good. So, without being able to find another car I really like within the 30-40k range (I am not a vette guy, so yes i know i could of picked up a z, plus we have a 08 vert i can drive whenever). I have decided to keep it. The mod bug bit me a little bit... so now waiting for install I have......

Stieg stage 4 w/ bf 2.76
kb bap
mm flsfc
bf diff brace
bf idlers
ngk tr7ix's
aps style 2 hcm
bassani offroad x
Afco dual pass (on)
Accufab t/b and plenum (on)
We'll see what it puts down in a couple weeks, last time w/ just the mods in my sig when it put down those numbers it was 86 degrees out w/ very very high humidity

Digital

Established Member
You'll make between 495-505.
If you get headers you'll gain 20.

I didnt have to get 60# injectors with that power but some do.
Be aware of that possibility.

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
with just an upper 2.76 on a steggy stage IV 60lb injectors needed for some cobras? having a BAP isn't enough? the injectors are maxed out or something?

rexisme

Established Member

thats right around the power level i want to stick with. After this my main focus will be planting the power to the ground. So i will chance it and see. I've read more not needing them than those needing them. So we will see what happens, i've pm'd my tuner though, if he reccommends them. I suppose i might just buy them because afterall he is tuning the car and can look at the previous graphs etc...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Nice to see one stay in its present stable lol. You should be around 500 hp +/- a little. Also headers won't give you 20 lol. They gave me like 10hp or something and that was done on the same dyno with the same setup. Either way after the parts go on your car is going to fly compared to now.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

can you prove that you gain 20 hp from headers? :shrug:

Digital

Established Member
I recall seeing many people stating that they got 20 but maybe it was hp not to the wheels, dunno. depends on your setup as well.

I personaly wouldent get headers if you have the eaton. Extreme waste.

If you're looking at hooking mods make sure you snag the H&R Sport Springs for the rears, poly rear end bushings, irs brace, and get some ET streets on a light rim. That's pretty much what I use on a "stock" IRS and it works well. You could get some shocks and struts to go with the springs if you're hard core on it.

Jroc

Established Member
I would get headers for the sound as much as the performance.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
Good decision! I traded my 1st yellow vert Termy in for a C-5 vette! After about 2 weeks, I started missing the ole gurl!! I ended up selling the vette on Ebay and buying another Terminator!! And dang it, I'm not trading it again!! I have two good buddies that have sold their's in the past few months and are regretting it, big time!

rexisme

Established Member
Good decision! I traded my 1st yellow vert Termy in for a C-5 vette! After about 2 weeks, I started missing the ole gurl!! I ended up selling the vette on Ebay and buying another Terminator!! And dang it, I'm not trading it again!! I have two good buddies that have sold their's in the past few months and are regretting it, big time!

Thats what i was thinking. I've driven a few newer cars and none of them delivered that just brute nasty power the cobra does...oh and that whine...

Users who are viewing this thread