Keeping Chrome Wheels Clean & Clearkote

paulk

Established Member
Can anyone here tell me if there is a good way to keep break dust off chrome wheels? It takes about 20mins of driving my wheels get dirty from road dust :(

Is there a good product out there to prevent this? Poorboys Product line has some "Wheel Sealant" anyone know whether this will do the job?

I been using Mothers chrome polish so far, it makes it shine but not that good, also for those who use Clearkote, can that wax be used on chrome wheels or is it just body, windows? thank u!

paulk

Established Member
also forgot to mention in the post,

how do you guys go about cleaning the exhaust pipes? Mine are pretty dirty and not sure how to really get that nasty crap off around them

spree

Established Member
Poorboy's wheel sealant is meant to make your life easier when cleaning your wheels. You won't have to fight as hard to remove the brake dust. I'd give it a shot if I were you.

I use Mother's chrome polish on my exhaust tips. That'll clean em up...

Juiced-03

Established Member
No paint care product is going to prevent brake dust from getting on your wheels. You need to use a different brake pad that produces less dust.

paulk

Established Member
I'l try mothers polish on the exhaust tips but my problem is, the exhaust tips they got tons of crap on them from the road that has to be removed to make them all clean first before i polish them, anyone have suggestions how to remove that?

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
No paint care product is going to prevent brake dust from getting on your wheels. You need to use a different brake pad that produces less dust.
agreed :beer:
but I use Eagle Ones A2Z wheel cleaner and a toilet bowl brush then I use the Wash and Wax just spray it on wipe it offit helps when youclean them by coating the wheels with a thin coat of cheap wax it works for me on the satin wheels works for me hope this helps

whitecobra98

Established Member
After i'm finished polishing the chrome wheels on my F150, I always use a thin coat of pure carnauba wax. I never use any wheel cleaner, just the soap and water left over after i'm finished washing it with a mitt I only use for cleaning the wheels. They clean up very easily and I get to spend more time with the Cobra:)

Users who are viewing this thread