Keeping an old whore..I mean horse running

ghostridergt

So I have a 2006 GT, auto, mostly stock, it has (at the time of this writing) 223,860 miles on it, motor has never been unsealed (valve covers, heads, exhaust manis, oil pan, and timing cover have never been off....since I have had it since 2011), suspension is stock minus 1.5" lowering springs on all four corners. Since it has so many miles and I wanna keep the ol thing running, I am looking for some direction for some parts.
What I have replaced:
Coolant tank
broken coolant drain plug
coolant flush
broken auto shifter.
What I am looking to replace but don't know what vendor to go with:
Radiator
Coolant hoses
Thermostat
Coolant crossover (it's leaking so it's on top of my list)
Throttle body
I also wanna get a touch more power from it without killing it the first time I go WOT and get stranded (it is, after all a daily) I want to cam it, LTs, mid pipe, and intake mani. I have been told by one shop that's local and pretty reputable that I will be fine with the cams and intake mani with my mileage as long as I stick with FRPP Hot Rod cams, and of course, FRPP intake mani. Just wanted a little feedback from some people on here because asking this on Facebook is like trying to give a rabid cat a bath in cold water. I love the car and it's fun to drive despite being an auto. Thanks for any feedback, and before anyone suggests it NO I WILL NOT COYOTE SWAP OR MANUAL SWAP. If and when this 3 valve dies another more beefed up one with a 4R70 swap will go in.

Users who are viewing this thread