keep your fingers crossed (cubs)

lilblond75

Steve's BRAT!
Established Member
I have to start this now because I have to work tonight

GO CUBBIES GO MAKE US PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer: :beer:

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Well you better keep your legs crossed also just in case!!:rolling: Hey it's my 500th post!! yippee!!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Yippee! 500. Congrats! I just hit 2000 with this post! :)

Go Cubs!!!!!!!! forget about last night. Kerry Wood will do it tonight. Let's get some runs!!!!!!!!

Here's the info on the evil Bartman...

From the Chicago Sun Times:

"October 15, 2003

BY ANNIE SWEENEY, FRANK MAIN AND CHRIS FUSCO

The man some fans blame for Tuesday night's Cubs loss because he reached out and touched a foul ball that Moises Alou was trying to catch is a diehard Cubs fan who coaches youth baseball in the north suburbs.

Steve Bartman, 26, works at Hewitt Associates, an international consulting firm in Lincolnshire.

"He is an associate at Hewitt, and he is not coming to work today because of the incident," Suzanne Zagata-Meraz, a spokeswoman for Hewitt, said this morning. "That was a decision that Steve and [Human Resources] made together. We have been in contact with Steve."

A man who answered the door at the Northbrook home where friends and a neighbor said Bartman grew up defended him, saying he only did what came naturally when a foul ball came his way.

"He's a huge Cubs fan," said the man, who responded to "Mr. Bartman." "I'm sure I taught him well. I taught him to catch foul balls when they come near him."

He declined to say any more and would not confirm what relation he is to Steve Bartman.

A neighbor, Ron Cohen, said he has known the Bartman family for 20 years. He and others said Bartman was a graduate of the University of Notre Dame who played for and is now a coach for the Renegades, an elite youth baseball club in Niles.

Cohen said he saw Bartman on Sunday and that Bartman told him then that he had tickets to Tuesday's game.

"He felt great he got tickets to the game," said Cohen, 63.

Cohen was watching the game on TV with his son, who grew up with "Stevie," when they recognized the man in the Renegades shirt.

"I really was just surprised," said Cohen, who called Bartman's mother. "I think it's just a natural tendency. Everybody reaches. I'm not trying to defend him, but I think it's just a natural tendency. He may not have seen Alou coming."

He described Bartman as a baseball fanatic.

"He's a good kid, a wonderful son, never in any trouble," Cohen told a Sun-Times reporter. "I don't think he should be blamed at all. People reach for balls. This just happened to be a little more critical. If Florida didn't score all the runs, you wouldn't be standing here."

A parent whose son played baseball for the Renegades last year echoed Cohen's description of Bartman.

"He was a fine guy. He was a good baseball coach to my son," said Roger Shimanovsky, 41. "Believe me, I'm sure nobody feels worse about this than him."

Bartman is listed as a coach of the Renegades' 13-year-old team this year, according to the organization's Web site.

He also was a player on a 1992 Renegades team that finished with 47 wins and 10 losses. The team was the Palatine League champion and the Pekin Fourth of July tournament champion.

The home where Bartman grew up backs up to a baseball field where his dad would hit pop-ups for him and his friends to catch, said Ron Cohen's son, Gary Cohen, 34. He said Bartman's favorite player growing up was Cubs second baseman Ryne Sandberg."

flyn high again

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Errrr....

Very good! I've calmed down a lot since last night, but I'm still not too happy with Stevie...

That pic really shows what most Cub fans are like. You have a guy on a cell phone and half the people looking everywhere but where the play is happening. Add some drunk guys with beers and you have the whole Cub fan experience.

Oh, well. C'mon Kerry Wood. It's not '84. It's not '84. It's not '84...

Last edited:

florida03

Banned
HOW ABOUT POINTING YOUR FINGER AT YOUR
HIGH PAID, PRO SHORTSTOP. No wonder the Cubbies
have allways been a JOKE. And no matter what happens
tonight it shows Cub fans will HANG there own fan. Just add this
too 1 more of your curses or spells or BLAH BLAH.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by florida03

:bored:

Mendax

Calm down Fidel, its just a baseball game.

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by F8AW8SU
Calm down Fidel, its just a baseball game.

Its not in Chicago. The guy was and is in fear of his
LIFE and your calling me fidel. Have you been following
the news or are you talking outta your ASS!!! I pick
the latter.

flyn high again

Established Member
Marlins are going DOWN!!!
Asta1.gif

hj16

Established Member
Last night never happened, I dont know who Steve Bartman is, its just another game, and we have our ace on the hill.:coolman:

Mendax

Its not in Chicago. The guy was and is in fear of his
LIFE and your calling me fidel. Have you been following
the news or are you talking outta your ASS!!! I pick
the latter.

I have been following the news, but your attitude very closely resembles that of those angry Cub fans. Relax. Take a deep breath and remember, this is only a message board, everyone is still your friend.

flyn high again

Established Member
My dad and my friend want me to call them if good things happen. They're too emotionally involved and can't bear to watch. Squish the Fish!!!!!!!!

florida03

Banned
Originally posted by F8AW8SU
I have been following the news, but your attitude very closely resembles that of those angry Cub fans. Relax. Take a deep breath and remember, this is only a message board, everyone is still your friend.

Still talking outta your ASS!
I grew up wathching the Cubbies on WGN in NJ.
I loved Harry and I learned allot about the game.
And the one thing I dont need is another FRIEND.
Thanx.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread