Keep whipple 2.9 or go twin turbo

Beaubear

Established Member
I'm having mixed feelings on what to do. I recently just did work to my car and put down close to 700rwhp on 14psi with my whipple. Now an opportunity came up for the TT setup. This may sound childish but I've always wanted a turbo car just for the blowoff noise lol. Should I keep my setup or change it out?

Thanks,
Beau'

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Don't screw with it. Your a pulley away from more power, you have a proven charger/package. Ask yourself how much do you like to screw with your car? It seems turbo guys are always having issues. I love to work on my car but I like to upgrade not fix issues I shouldn't have to. That being said it would be more original/different. But it seems everyone that does one either ends up selling it or changing it back.

white88lx

Established Member
I have owned a foxbody which when I bought it was in stock form, when I sold it, it had a 363 ci stroker motor with a 76 mm turbo blah blah. The point is I sold it to buy my shelby gt500 and no matter how fun the gt500 is to drive I regret selling that car. There are very few turbo cars out there.

Is it more maintenance...not necessarily, Just probably a few more 'head scratching' when tuning the car and working the bugs out. this is cause the set up is a little more complex and may not be as simple to tune.

My gt500 is a blast, but a blower car doesn't compare to a turbo car, pulls and acts completely different. But you can make as much power as you want with either set up. Want 1000 hp, KB or turbo's can do that. With technology today really the question is, do you want a turbo whine with that horsepower or blower whine lol

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I can't really say that I have any good experience to share here, but man I'd love to be faced with this dilemma... :lol:
Mostly because of the exotic nature of it, I say turbo. Not to mention, I never leave anything alone. One mod is just a stepping stone to the next, so for me personally, if Whipple 2.9's been done, I want the next move shortly there after. If the last car went high 10's, this one must go faster. If your like me, you already know that 2.9 is on borrowed time and your really hoping someone will talk you out of it. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread