Keep the Raptor or get a new Jeep SRT8?

• Keep the Raptor

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Get the Jeep SRT8

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

fangstang

Established Member
I own a 2012 Raptor scab for over 3 yrs now and I'm itching for something new. Driving a pickup everyday can get annoying at times. I'm considering a new Jeep SRT8. I've always been a fan and I really love the new one. What do you guys think? Anyone here with one?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't own one, but i have driven both a 6.2L Raptor, a 6.2L Whipple Raptor and a 08 and 12 SRT8 jeep. Both stock. If it were me, i would get the srt8 jeep no contest. Just my opinion. The 11+ jeeps are extremely nice imo

sniper85

Established Member
I have a '14 SRT8. I love that thing. Fully loaded. It's not a DD but I have an extremely hard time keeping my ass out of it. The power is smooth and the 8 speed auto is out of this world and just over all extremely comfy. I also have only seen one other one on the street in the few months that I've owned it. I see raptors left and right. Nice trucks no doubt. But the jeep is a little smaller and easier to get around in. You won't be upset with the choice if you go the Jeep route.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Im a GT500 guy through and through. While Id never part with my Shelby, if it was between a Raptor or SRT-8 Jeep, Id got Jeep all day long. They literally shitcan everything they race at race legal here in San Diego. They have a powertrain that can handle most of what they put out and then some (unlike a GT-R.... ask me how I found that one out :/).

There's a guy that has an older one (a 2010 or so) I think punched out to a 426 and procharged. That thing gave me wood the second I heard it fire up.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Do you need a truck? If not SRT8.

I had an 08 SRT8 Jeep for 3 years before I got my 2012 Raptor. Can't imagine going back, but I am always using my bed.

And I live in the sticks with tons of deer. I needed something bigger for protection.

Last edited:

GTtoSVT

Established Member
I went from my 12 Raptor which I loved, to a 06 SRT8 Jeep and that didn't last too long. I did like the Jeep but the new ones I'm sure are much better all the way around.

Good Luck on your decision man.

colin450

Established Member
If you don't take your truck off-road then SRT8 for sure.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I have a '14 SRT8. I love that thing. Fully loaded. It's not a DD but I have an extremely hard time keeping my ass out of it. The power is smooth and the 8 speed auto is out of this world and just over all extremely comfy. I also have only seen one other one on the street in the few months that I've owned it. I see raptors left and right. Nice trucks no doubt. But the jeep is a little smaller and easier to get around in. You won't be upset with the choice if you go the Jeep route.

Opposite here. See new SRT8s all the time, but rarely a Raptor. I'd get the SRT8. What about the new Track Hawk?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I went from my 12 Raptor which I loved, to a 06 SRT8 Jeep and that didn't last too long. I did like the Jeep but the new ones I'm sure are much better all the way around.

Good Luck on your decision man.

No wonder. Going backwards 6 years in Technology would be terrible.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

^^This. Unless you're regularly offroading, a Raptor is pointless. Then again, so is a Grand Cherokee SRT8, but it still makes a little more sense than a Raptor.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The Jeep obviously is faster in a straight line, and IMO the interiors are close with maybe the 14+ SRTs getting the nod.

If you don't need the bed, nor go offroad, then a switch to a SRT wouldn't be a bad move.

Around here you see a lot of both trucks, but that Raptor always stands out in a good way('murica)

I can see how driving a truck that wide/big can be annoying if you live in NY, especially close to NYC

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Opposite here. See new SRT8s all the time, but rarely a Raptor. I'd get the SRT8. What about the new Track Hawk?

I patiently waiting for its release! To the Op, I have a 2013 JGC SRT8 and I've driven a couple raptors. If you don't need a truck, then SRT8 without a doubt.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
this. I take mine on the beach all the time it goes incredible and I wont get rid of it for this reason even tho it kills me at the pump just trying to get there lol. I love the truck for what it is how it looks and get so many compliments and that is another reason. But I really have been thinking of an SRT myself, and that's the only other truck I would trade the raptor for. But I would miss the beach lol

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Explorer Sport? Reliability has been stellar, power can be made pretty easily and they still look pretty aggressive. Add a tune, downpipes and you have a solid 12 second sleeper. Go further for more sleeper fun.

Jeep as a whole has had very questionable reliability concerns lately on all model lines. And im not talking the drivetrains. If you have to worry about using your sunvisor i would stay away(the recall where the sunvisors could burn the car to the ground). Catalyst issues, transfer case issues, outdated infotainment, horrible gas mileage....etc.

The outgoing Raptor was lovely but they are everywhere. I see 10-20 a day just driving to work. I actually see more Raptor trucks than regular cab F150's(of all years).

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would keep the Raptor personally.

If you are going to get the Jeep though I would pick up a used one. Just a quick search shows they take a fairly substantial hit in terms of depreciation over the first 3 year and 36,000 miles (about $20,000).

Users who are viewing this thread