Keep the '93 or upgrade to '03-'04?

f93speed

Established Member
I have been debating for awhile whether or not to keep the '93 and start modifying the hell out of it, or sell it and get an '03-'04.
The '93 has 13,200 miles on it with bolt-ons and I still have all the stock parts which can go back on it.
I want to get about 400-450 hp out of it, but that means pulling the motor, building it up and putting on a supercharger.
My dillema is whether the cost to do that versus buying a used '03-'04 (which has that same power right off the lot) is worth it.
I have been watching the prices on ebay and the net and I think I can get a good amount for my '93 and then get a used '03-'04 for about 25,000.
I really love the '93 but I hate to lose the collectablity of it by doing all the mods.
Any suggestions???? :shrug:

93BlkCobra

Established Member
really dude, I have wanted to build my 93 to the hilt as well! but I can't.
only 13,200 WOW!! If it where me I would not touch it,put it away somewhere?
Save up for the 03-04 and build it! nomatter how long it takes and have fun with
that! then you can walk into the garage and stare at your 93 Cobra time to time
and take it in! LOL. Take care man!

Lee

Established Member
Unmolested 93s are getting really hard to find. If you must start heavily modding your low miles 93 sell it to someone who won't molest it and buy the 03. Your low miles 93 is worth around $16k, but modded it'll drop to around $10k. When I sold mine recently buyers were asking if it was original and what mods it had. They all wanted low to no mods. No one who called was dissapointed that it was nearly all original. No one said "I'd buy it if it had a Vortech on it", or something similar. Many asked if it had the original exhaust.

my .02

Last edited:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
I see everybody's point here on not modifying but ask yourself this, Do you ever plan on getting rid of the car? If not then do what you want to do with it.

Our cars are only worth money if we are planning to sale. Don't plan on selling mine, so I made it better than what SVT did :D

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
I see everybody's point here on not modifying but ask yourself this, Do you ever plan on getting rid of the car? If not then do what you want to do with it.

+1 :rockon:

f93speed

Established Member
Everyone makes good points.
Well if I had more money I would keep the '93 and get an '03-'04, but I live in a townhouse, so I don't have alot of room.
Maybe I'll put an '03-'04 motor in my car!!! :banana:
Well I guess I will just have to think on it some more.
Thanks. :shrug:

Teal93

I would keep it and mod the hell out of it. There is nothing beter than a 93 cobra whipping every thing in its sight. I have had my cobra for 10 years and plan to keep it for another 10 years. I have heads,cam,intake, and a HP performance turbo kit on it and made 492HP and 516 on the torque with the stock block and thats only with 10 pounds of boost. But if you have the money I would keep it stock and buy a 03-04 cobra and mod it. I have seen several 03-04 cobras with aftermarket blowers making 600 hp and be totaly driveable on the street. I treid to talk my wife into selling her vortech blown 93 cobra so we could buy a 03-04 cobra, but she just cant let it go. There is a spot in her heart thats in love with the 93 cobras. I guess thats why we have 2 of them.

hollant

Stuck In First Gear
Established Member
Keep it as a sunny day driver, take it to the occastional open track or club event and enjoy having one of a few low mile collectible stangs. With the cash you are thinking of using on the 03-04, go out, find a high milage 4 banger with no body damage history and build the Fox of your dreams!

Users who are viewing this thread