keep new edge and twinturbo or go terminator

928gtp

Established Member
i currently own a 99 white cobra. im debating whether to build the motor and twin turbo her or to sell her and get a terminator. i have a couple of guys that will buy my car right now for $16,000. She is paid off so all that money would be a downpayment on a terminator.

My current mod list is: JLT cai, underdrive pullies, o/r x pipe, shorty headers,dynomax superturbo cat-back, spec stage 3 clutch, t56 transmission (26 spline), mgw shifter, aluminum driveshaft, solid axle swap, strange adjustable shocks, adjustable springs, cross drilled/slotted rotors, 3.73 gears (solid axle built to handle around 2000 rwhp).

i really like her but im debating whether its worth putting all this money into her just to lose all the value. the terminators seem to hold there value pretty well and already have a built motor and supercharged from the factory (very mod friendly). so im wondering if its worth building her up or just sell her while i got some people that are willing to pay quite a bit for her.

Put up ur opinions on what you would do thanks :beer:

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
Depends if you plan on keeping the car or not. The 03/04 would hold its value better I would think. Personally I would build the 99 as long as your not going to sell it.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
the 03/04's will drop in value just like any other car. so i wouldn't make that a deciding factor. a TT '99 would be insane! i like the ide of that more than a TT 03/04 for some reason. i would just decide what kind of power adder you want. roots/screw blower go 03/04 since it's already set up for that and is proven to be ver effective. TT i'd say keep the 99. it's NA now, so you won't be reversing a lot of stuff. you could always buy an 03/04 and sell all the blower stuff then TT the 03/04. the motor can take quite a bit...

928gtp

Established Member
yea i forgot to put that in my post up top. if i got an 03/04 i would twinturbo it within a year of buying it...i should have it paid off for by then ..maybe with the hellion hellraiser kit if they have more videos of it by then
99riocobra: what made you want to move up to a termi

Last edited:

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
if your just gunna twin turbo the 03/04 anyway save ur money and build a nasty 99...ur non really going to be gaining much if ur options are a built twin turbo 99 or a stock built twin turbo 03/04.... ud be basically just buying body panels and seats...

K2AHollywood

Established Member
you already have a lot of great mods in your current car! keep building it. be about the same once you pay off the termi vs upgrading internals in your 99, and your at the same point with less mods

edit: actually you still would be money ahead

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
Since it is paid off, I would keep the new edge and go turbo. Having to pay off the terminator would be a pain if it broke down

Go for a Terminator. These cars are phuckin crazy. My old 01 Cobra with a Vortech was never as much fun as this freakin animal. I love hitting the gas in 2nd gear and watching my car go sideways while my exhaust roars. It scares people into believing in God.

CDADEUCE06

Established Member
How long have you owned the 01? I was thinking the same thing ~ 3 months ago. I just replaced most of the suspension and put new wheels/tires on the cobra it feels new again and is a fun to drive. You by now should know if there is anything wrong with the with the car. If you buy another used car then your not sure what you are getting into. My 01 has been paid of for years and it was my DD. But now I'm saving for a short block and a KB. I'll have a good running 01 for about the same price to buy stock 03/04 and I know how it has been driven all of its life.

Also I made a deal with the wife if I keep the 01 I can do anything to I want to it if I pay cash. And when my youngest daughter is done with her BS then the party starts with a cobra kit car! :banana:

928gtp

Established Member
virtualsvt - i have some people around here that are ready to pay 16k if i decide to sell it. have there numbers in my phone. ive had one person offer me 20k and pulled out his check book to write me one on the spot but i just got her and was too attached :bash:

cdadeuce06 -- its a 99 and ive had it for almost 2 years. you are right though. i do know this car inside and out. i put all the stuff on my mod list in myself. :banana:

i bought this car with cash so its been paid off since i bought it. if i wanted to i could buy a termi with cash too, so money isnt a problem. im really just debating whether its worth to put more money into this car or get a termi.

i just want to know what yall think would be a better route ..thanks for all the commments.keep them coming!!!!

scotts99snake

Established Member
If it were me, I would keep the new edge. The thought of a TT '99 is enough to get me excited. However, if somebody is willing to pay 16K for it, I think I might take the money and run...

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Well you already have somewhat of a built car, so all you need to do is basically the motor. So i would say just keep the 99 and TT it.

Do the math because at the end of the day you'll save a good amount of money and have a sick TT 99.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
99riocobra: what made you want to move up to a termi
well, my next move on my 99 would have been a built motor. i did a lot of hard thinking, comparing costs, comparing realistic goals, etc. the 03/04 just seemed to be the better option for what i wanted to do. built motor with factory reliability was a big one....

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
virtualsvt - i have some people around here that are ready to pay 16k if i decide to sell it. have there numbers in my phone. ive had one person offer me 20k and pulled out his check book to write me one on the spot but i just got her and was too attached :bash:

sorry man, but bullshit x 10000.

So at least one person was willing to pay you $6k more than book value on a car that you can easily find?

Call that guy up, and tell him he can have a 700rwhp convertible 99 cobra for 20k. I'll even throw in a reacharound.

Users who are viewing this thread