Keep it stock?

Venom04

Established Member
Recently went to a local reputable tuner(not wanting to say names) they were really cool and nice people. I was inquiring about pulley and tuning my stock never pullied 04 (19,000 miles). He wanted to sell me the parts and all but, advised the car would be worth a lot more without doing anything because so many cobras are modded and you literally can't find ones without pullies, etc... I'm keeping the car probably forever!
What do you think? :shrug:

if you are keeping it forever why would you care about resale

+1

:lol: I'm sorry but I have to privately laugh a little when these kind of threads come up about 'one day' these 03-04s being worth a lot more. It ain't happening. Do people even look at the quality of these vehicles? I could go on and on about everything that is wrong with these cars. These cars ain't like turbo'd Supras of the 90s. They will never go for what those cars go or anything more than mid 20s. People should just drive these cars. No one is ever going to pay someone a fortune for an 03-04 Cobra.

Venom04

Established Member
It's the thought that counts I guess. Was thinking about waaayy down the road after I give it to my son. I guess wishful thinking. I do think these cars are gonna be worth money. How much? Idk, but the last time I checked those old muscle cars weren't the best built pieces either and they command a lot of cash. Just sayin!

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Mod it, Enjoy it, You only live once... Or don't Mod and sell it and dream about how much you could enjoyed it while you just blew through all the cash you got for it.

It's the thought that counts I guess. Was thinking about waaayy down the road after I give it to my son. I guess wishful thinking. I do think these cars are gonna be worth money. How much? Idk, but the last time I checked those old muscle cars weren't the best built pieces either and they command a lot of cash. Just sayin!

I'm keeping mine until the motor grenades too. Just keep in mind though, we are in a new golden age of sorts when it comes to cars with big time power. Ford is putting out some heavy duty motors that are exceeding the capabilities of the 03-04s on ever level. They're simply not going to be as unique as you would think, given all the major flaws these cars came with.

Now the '13-'14GT500s are going to be a whole other story. Those cars are just straight up beasts from the showroom floor. Those are the ones that are going to command the cash down the road.

Btw, that's great you are passing that down to your boy. :beer:

4601S/C

Established Member
Build the car for you not for what someone else thinks would be better.

+1

I don't care how rare or common a mod is. I mod my car for me. Why mod YOUR car according the to preferences of others (especially when those others are people that you never plan on letting have your car).

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Everyone opinions differ. If you like the car stock, keep it that way. Personally IMO if you are looking for investments, invest in stockmarket. These cars are meant to be enjoyed, modding mine is what I enjoyed over the years. When I get bored with it, I change something on it.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
Recently went to a local reputable tuner(not wanting to say names) they were really cool and nice people. I was inquiring about pulley and tuning my stock never pullied 04 (19,000 miles). He wanted to sell me the parts and all but, advised the car would be worth a lot more without doing anything because so many cobras are modded and you literally can't find ones without pullies, etc... I'm keeping the car probably forever!
What do you think? :shrug:

I would do a catback, steeda cold air, tune, and a 2.80 pulley. I wish I would have kept my car like that. You will have zero problems. You can put back the supercharger pulley cover and make it look like its all stock. I loved that combo. I made 464rwhp 478rwtq.

I ran a reichard racing non slip 2.80 pulley with no extra idler and have zero belt slip. I also ran a gatorback belt. That combo also makes a cool sound at idle and people used to think I had a procharger under the hood.

QuikHD

Established Member
I say mod it.

I bought my car last year from my Stepdad with 2k miles on it. Totally stock minus a Borla cat back.

Lets face it, you didn't buy the car as an investment right? You bought it to enjoy it.....So enjoy it.

If its an investment, sell it now, and invest your money. Cars are never a good investment unless we are talkin $100k+ vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread