• Keep what I have

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
Here's my setup now:
FRPP shorty headers, custom catted h-pipe, and single chamber flowmasters

I had Spintechs on my Roush with side exhaust and it sounded really good. But that was the side exhaust muffler they sell. Not sure how they're regular mufflers are.

So i've been debating switching the exhaust to maybe Magnaflow Magnapack or one of the Spintech mufflers. Anybody think it'd sound better than what I have? Keep in mind, I'll have them dumped.
[ame=http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/georgiaroush/?action=view&current=CobraExhaust006.flv]
th_CobraExhaust006.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

Chris6050

Established Member
I have spintech pro streets dumped with an offroad h-pipe. Sounds really good. Its loud but it doesn't drone like flowmasters do.

I'm actually going to sell them. I'm putting the stock exhaust back on because I am selling the car. PM if you're interested.

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
In terms of Spintech, should I be looking at the pro streets or the super pro streets. I want it to be loud but also don't wanna sacrifrice a lot of tone. Remember, it's going on shorty headers, catted hpipe with high flow cats, and dumped right at the rear axle.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
The Super Pro Streets are louder then the Pro Streets.

As for stock mid pipe or not its unknown.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrFsAZ_KCkc"]YouTube- 03 mustang gt new spintech exhaust[/nomedia]

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
As far as mufflers go, definately the magnapacks, I think the whole x vs h pipe deal is all personal preference (its your car man!!).

WhiteSnakeEyes

Established Member
decided to go with the Spintech pro streets. Now the question is, should I leave them dumped at a 45 degree angle like I have it now, or just do the complete 90 degree dump?

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
Eh, Leave it as is unless you're going to replace the shorties with longtubes. Why pay all that $ just to change the sound?....

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Eh, Leave it as is unless you're going to replace the shorties with longtubes. Why pay all that $ just to change the sound?....

Because he wants to. What's the point of having a mustang being loud if you don't like how it sounds?

I have spintechs although I don't even know which kind they are! lol I'd love to figure this out though. I'm looking forward to how you think your new exhaust sounds btw.

Here is a B headed cobra with spintech mufflers only.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUwM3zyOSfQ"]YouTube- 1996 cobra, spintech prostreets[/nomedia]

poisoned apple

Established Member
Magnaflow all the way. I have Hooker longtubes, hooker X-pipe, and Im about to get a magnaflow system. I can't wait.!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread