keep boss or trade for a 2012 GT500

tek302

Established Member
I've been having the usual MT82 problems, now my car is stuck in the shop waiting for backordered synchro parts.

It's a bad ass car except for the trans. should I put a better clutch in and maybe beefier synchros or sell it and go for a 12 gt500?

I can't do a 13 or 14, those are still out of my price range. Any pros and cons with the 12 5.4 gt500?

I've posted on another forum and they all voted for keeping the boss.

Figured I would post here and see if there is any difference.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Have you driven a shelby because when I drove the boss it left me feeling unimpressed. A different trans and a blower could change all that though.

cobra1718

Established Member
I have owned 12 Boss, loved the car. My favorite part of the boss was the quad exhaust. I now own a 12 gt500. Love the added power and the added bells and whistles such as Nav .

TheGovernment

Established Member
My buddy has a boss. I've driven it, it's a fun car nut unless you're willing to mod it, eveny buddy would trade for my 08. I can blow the doors off of him easily.... And he even has the boss intake lol

Black Sex

Established Member
My buddy has a '13 Boss with full exhaust, intake and tune. It runs hard and if I had to guess makes in the mid to upper 4XXwhp range, but it's lacking the low end grunt the Shelby delivers. Also a little plain on the inside. For what I do with my car, I prefer the fancier interior. In a race with a lot of turns, the boss might be a little quicker, but unless the Boss has a power adder, it has no chance in straight line speed and acceleration.
Plus I think the Shelby offers better looks. All that comes with an added 3-400lbs over the Boss.

526464_446956125337286_274797536_n.jpg560942_3426431030686_794762509_n.jpg

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
They are 2 different beasts. If you track your car, you are better off with the Boss. If you are a straight line racer that wants all the power at his fingertips to be able to fend off the occasional challenger at the stoplight or freeway, you can't go wrong with a GT500.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
i was either going to go with a 14 GHIG GT or an 07-09 GT500. I went with the GT500 and havent had a second thought. everything about the car feels better. I have 2 friends with 12 GT's and the MT82 feels like SHIT. plain and simple.

i just did my 2.5 pulley, JLT 123MM and Lund Tune. and all i can say is....oh my god. the blower whine is just out of this world and the power is so smooth and pulls forever. Very pleased.

tek302

Established Member
I'm liking the comments. Yeah I don't track my car, I like the occasional dig race and highway fun. Also like to go to the drag strip at times.

The GT500 is sounding like what I should get. So many other people have said stick with the boss though...

I like how many looks I get in my boss, it's competition orange with black accents and wheels. It looks beautiful.

hRnYg0aTw33d

Established Member
I'm liking the comments. Yeah I don't track my car, I like the occasional dig race and highway fun. Also like to go to the drag strip at times.

The GT500 is sounding like what I should get. So many other people have said stick with the boss though...

I like how many looks I get in my boss, it's competition orange with black accents and wheels. It looks beautiful.

youll find that all over the site. You come in here and the Shelby guys tell you to get the shelby and the 5.0 guys will tell you to keep the Boss. I went through the same dilemma. At the end of the day, to get the same excitement out of a coyote id have to spend $6,000 on a blower.

tek302

Established Member
Trying to get answers from both owners is what I'm trying to do. I'm leaning towards going for the GT500 with the Recaros and navigation

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
I was in your same shoes a few months ago, but I was looking at 13/14's. I have to say, although I loved the Boss, I enjoy the GT500 more. I was always afraid I'd blow up the MT82.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
youll find that all over the site. You come in here and the Shelby guys tell you to get the shelby and the 5.0 guys will tell you to keep the Boss. I went through the same dilemma. At the end of the day, to get the same excitement out of a coyote id have to spend $6,000 on a blower.

5.0 Guy here. Sell the Boss, get the GT500. All day All day.

Users who are viewing this thread