keep blowing turn signal fuses

CallMeWonder

Established Member
So a week ago I installed my clear corner headlights with LED switchback bulbs and sequential tail lights. Along with this I installed a novita ep27 flasher for the switchbacks.

today I took the car out and I flipped on my signal and it flashed twice and went out, I thought it was the flasher so I put in the stock one and still nothing. Then I went to the fuse, I pulled it (#13 under the console) and lo behold it was done. I went to the store and bought some fuses and went to put one in. I didnt even have it half way in and it popped and blew. Tried a 2nd and a 3rd and the same thing. Just blows the instant I put it in.

Wtf is going? am I doing something wrong? I thought it was something with the switchbacks but they worked fine for a week. want to figure this out to take the car out tomorrow. Any help appreciated

Last edited:

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
looks familiar to a theory I had with someone else's issue - check out this thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ht-bulb-issue-long-and-complicated&highlight=

I have a theory that you need to put some Diodes in the circuit to ensure the voltage doesn't feed back through the park light circuit or brake light circuit.

EDIT: I know this was for the front corner lights instead of the brake lights - but I think the idea might be the same. In this case the voltage may be flowing between the park lights and the turn lights.

Last edited:

CallMeWonder

Established Member
looks familiar to a theory I had with someone else's issue - check out this thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ht-bulb-issue-long-and-complicated&highlight=

I have a theory that you need to put some Diodes in the circuit to ensure the voltage doesn't feed back through the park light circuit or brake light circuit.

EDIT: I know this was for the front corner lights instead of the brake lights - but I think the idea might be the same. In this case the voltage may be flowing between the park lights and the turn lights.

i dont the first thing about electrical items so I'm going to take out the switchbacks and put in the incandescents and see what happens. Hope I dont have to take it to a shop and pay the shop tax for this probably easy fix.

CallMeWonder

Established Member
Update: So I pulled the tail lights and found that when I did the sequentials, the plugs that go into the body of the car pinched 3 wires which caused the short. all good now.

Users who are viewing this thread