Keep a/c or ditch it?

zx3focus

Established Member
Well guys if I keep this car I want to make it as easy as possible to work on due to the fact that the damn heads are so big and with the combinations the HUGE motor and blower setup under the hood it makes it a little hard to get around under the hood. The thing is, my a/c quit working last summer and I never got around to figuring out what was wrong, I believe I need a new compressor but I dont feel like throwing 200 bucks at one. It just isnt that important to me, I have a daily that works fine if the temps get to hot to ride in the cobra. So who has deleted their a/c? I know a couple people have mentioned it being harder to sell the car without a/c but its hard to sell a modded car anyway. So what do you guys think? Ditch it or keep it? Thanks guys

Toasty

Established Member
Well guys if I keep this car I want to make it as easy as possible to work on due to the fact that the damn heads are so big and with the combinations the HUGE motor and blower setup under the hood it makes it a little hard to get around under the hood. The thing is, my a/c quit working last summer and I never got around to figuring out what was wrong, I believe I need a new compressor but I dont feel like throwing 200 bucks at one. It just isnt that important to me, I have a daily that works fine if the temps get to hot to ride in the cobra. So who has deleted their a/c? I know a couple people have mentioned it being harder to sell the car without a/c but its hard to sell a modded car anyway. So what do you guys think? Ditch it or keep it? Thanks guys

DOnt hack job your car. You are destroying its resale value...

JasonSnake

Established Member
Yup. Don't do it. You have to think long-term as well. I know I would never buy a Cobra like yours if it didn't have the AC components still inside as sweet as your car is.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Think of it two ways... What are your plans with the car? Is it going to be replaced down the road? If so, I wouldn't do it. Just fix the issue, and once the A/C works again, you'll probably think "yeah, this was a better idea."

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
ehhhh... if you take it all off, KEEP EVERYTHING!! a friend of mine was trying to sell his yellow 98, no one wanted it because it took it all off and sold it. took him forever to round up the parts to put it back. but for all the hastle, just get it fixed.

98cobradan

Established Member
this is my philosophy on the AC. "One day i will make a 10 sec pass in my street car, with the AC on and the radio blasting". lol. Plus nothin like hot leather seats in july and august with no AC

scuzzdude2587

Established Member
Coming from someone who has done an A/C delete--

Pros: More work space, cleaner engine bay, a completely futile weight reduction (unless it is primarily a track car)

Cons: Awful AWFUL resale, chicks will never shut up about how hot it is

Though if we truly are thinking ahead, might as well sell your engine and buy a hydrogen fuel cell or diesel motor since I hear we'll be out of gas within 20-ish years.... :(

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I've had mine deleted for over a year now. No regrets. I kept all the parts, just in case I want it back or decide to sell it. But, this car shouldn't be going anywhere for a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread