KC users: temp difference insulated vs uninsulated reservoir?

YGETV8

Established Member
Has anyone documented the coolant and/or IAT2 temperature difference before and after insulating their intercooler reservoir? I recently bought a larger unit, but REALLY like the way it looks and am afraid it won't look right. I already have adhesive sheet neoprene insulation, am just hesitant to put it on. If it's only a few degrees difference, I may not bother. Thanks for any input.

Boogie Chillin

Pew, pew, ... pew, pew, pew.
Established Member
Surely cant hurt. I'm going to put heat reflective tape and a layer of pipe insulation on my tank when I get a chance. The coolant line has to be heating up the reservoir, as well as the heat rising from the radiator.

bigmoose

Established Member
No numbers but just insulating and removing the hard lines made a big difference. This was done using the simple finger test after a cruise. I plan to do my tank soon.

YGETV8

Established Member
I've no doubt it would help, just reluctant to do it FOR aesthetic reasons. But if it was a documented HUGE help, I'd probably do it anyway. Lol

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I did mine right off the bat so i dont know the difference. I think it looks good though.
1648B6D3-6698-4063-8409-D13AED3F7522_zps9rsktgp3.jpg

2D44F6A0-AC58-4BDD-BB35-F1628CDBE224_zpsusx1ejwf.jpg

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Here is mine. Not sure of the difference temp wise. I'm sure you gain a little. I did mine mostly because the i/c tank would always sweat/ have condensation on it.

1020142129a_zpstmh6q4if.jpg

YGETV8

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I ended up doing just the bottom of it for now. Moot point though since I tried to charge my ac and the compressor won't cycle (hasn't been used in 6 years). Sigh....always something.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Ive tried it both insulated and uninsulated. The difference wasnt even noticeable, Im uninsulated now

Users who are viewing this thread