KB Vert Redemption

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
--this is for those that saw my Pinks Pass Time run and were shocked or angry at my laughably slow run. If you have no idea what that is, or you don't care skip to the story and runs below--

Hey guys,

You may have seen me on the show Pass time on speed network, I was the 03 torch red vert with a KB that ran like a 15.5@81 mph. I heard from a few people some losers from this site were shit talking me for the performance so I wanted to set the record straight. Although if your not smart enough to see from the trap speed something is wrong, your opinion doesn't matter anyway :lol1:

To start with, the track was being run by the TV crew not the track people. If you view the run before mine, you will see a big block chevy car that was nice enough to throw not 1 but 2 rods through his oil pan. The burnout box and area behind it (where you can see me being forced to park during the commercial break) was so covered in oil and coolant that they were using Fing BEACH TOWELS to clean it up. Unfortunately the dumbass running the lanes for the TV crew comes up to me and says

"Just drive through and wait, it will come off in the burnout"

I should have just walked away, but I was anxious to race after I went to the track and waited 9 hours to make this pass.:cuss:

I begin my burnout, unfortunately my front tires are so slick the car just pushes itself towards the tree. I light up the staging lights, cut a .0xx light and I'm off! Except I'm not, I shift to 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th, then 5th still spinning!! By the 8th mile I am in 6th gear @ about 55 mph and just cruise it down the track.:shrug:

Right after my run the closed down the track for about an hour and got the torch and equipment out to clean it. So I just wanted to set that straight.

--- Begin actual video stuff

So after that I got busy and didn't really go out to the track, the car is on bald 17/275 nitto DRs, has a cheap clutch I bought at a local speed shop that is so bad it rattles the pedal (several members here have heard it lol), and 14psi on a RWTD "get me to a local tuner safely" mail order tune.

A local car club was having a track rental and I figured, hey I have a brand new power grip HD and some other parts waiting to go on, but I need to finish these tires and clutch. So I loaded the car up on the trailer and headed out.

Dead Hookers 7 event [email protected] Click here

This is a video of my best run of the night.

1.96 60'
7.74' 1/8th
11.73@ 120.80

Next run was

1.88 60'
7.70 1/8 (woot!)
[email protected]

My highest trap for the night was 122.85 when I let the car cool down, but the tires were just too bald by then.

Mods on the car are

2.2KB@ 14 psi
RWTD Mail order tune
Maggy O/R X and CB
Steeda CAI
BAP
60s
Bald nittos DRs@ 18 psi
4001 lbs race weight (full tank)

Well hope this will put this Pass time BS to rest for good. Stay tuned for even better numbers when it drops below 90 degrees here in FL, I about sweat to death lol.

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Anyone that sees a time like 15@81 and doesn't realize that something went way wrong is a tard. Congrats on getting some clean passes. It's been retarded hot here in FL lately, so that'll will definitely hurt the numbers.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
good runs coy...to bad i had to work and couldnt come with you...and god damn you hit those gears...you where shifting like me..haha...except i have an 01 so it breaks when i shift like that...lmao

-Ryan

radaman

Established Member
Yeah man, I saw that pass time episode and knew something wasnt right. U have a sweet ride and I guessed that ud run a 11.0-11.5, but you had some horrible tire spin which suxd big time. Glad you posted here to show people what your car can do.

fast02gt

Established Member
this is funny i read this, cause i am all the way in korea serving. My dad called me bout 2 months ago and was telling me about this tv show and blah blah and he was like omg u will not guess what i just saw, hes like " a KB Vert just ran a 15 sec pass" ..lol I was like yea did he brea past the 60' mark or something? I knew there was something off.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
good runs! I saw that one. Yea you can def tell that something was wrong. I would have walked away from the Oil and Coolant shit on the track. Screw that. TV time is not worth running your car into a wall because you could be spinning half way down the track.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
this is funny i read this, cause i am all the way in korea serving. My dad called me bout 2 months ago and was telling me about this tv show and blah blah and he was like omg u will not guess what i just saw, hes like " a KB Vert just ran a 15 sec pass" ..lol I was like yea did he brea past the 60' mark or something? I knew there was something off.

My appreciation to you for serving our country!

Thanks everyone else, stay tuned, I'm thinking of just leaving the boost at 14psi to see if I can make 10s with it. Gotta wait till it cools down a bit though. 2988DA ftl!

Users who are viewing this thread