KB Prices went back up.

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
Dang,
it's only $100, but now i cant get the BAP at the same time.
Oh well, someone get a GP started!!!

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
you just have to love the whine of the KB though!!!

How well does the whipple whistle???

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
the Whipple still has a whine - just more of a 'Im not even working up a sweat' whine....Hard to explain but its sweet

peace

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
My only reason for going with a KB over the whipple was the beautiful whine everyone keeps talking about. I am waiting to hear back about the whipple GP pricing. If they are talking $2700 like the last GP, I may not be able to pass that up.

red03dave

Established Member
Ya get a whipple then spend the difference between the cost of it and the KB buying everything that you get with the KB.... lol Personally I would get the KB. Call them and work out a better deal... knowing what the whipples are going for they budge a little on their prices now. Good luck either way.

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
red03dave said:
Ya get a whipple then spend the difference between the cost of it and the KB buying everything that you get with the KB.... lol Personally I would get the KB. Call them and work out a better deal... knowing what the whipples are going for they budge a little on their prices now. Good luck either way.

Ok- lets see now - Whipple $2800 shipped.
BAP was $250, so $3050.

KB 2.2 price is $3800 - it says to deduct 300 for the chip (wouldnt use it anyway) - so you're at 3500 with the KB included.

if you are willing to shovel out $450 more to get the louder whine, go right ahead! And, the 2.3 displaces more air....(flame suit is on)

peace

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Amazon is having a GP right now on the whipple. The black one is going for 2950.00. You cant beat that!

davbrucas

Banned
drkchk03svt said:
Amazon is having a GP right now on the whipple. The black one is going for 2950.00. You cant beat that!

linn at amazon quoted me $3050 for the black one and $3550 for the other. he quoted you $2950? :shrug: :bs:

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
If you honestly add in everything thats honestly needed(to be on the safe side) they both come out around the same price.
But the whipple will be around 400 bucks cheaper over all(in that area).
But hey, if you have 4-5 grand to spend, whats 400 bucks more......lmao

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Might as well add in the cost of 55 lb injectors. I know KB says they are not needed with the BAP, but I would feel better with them in...I wouldn't personally run out of injector with 55s at 15-17 lb on a KB.

Silver 03 Cobra

Dang,
it's only $100, but now i cant get the BAP at the same time.
Oh well, someone get a GP started!!!

A BAP comes with the kit.

Tat03Cobra said:
Ok- lets see now - Whipple $2800 shipped.
BAP was $250, so $3050.

KB 2.2 price is $3800 - it says to deduct 300 for the chip (wouldnt use it anyway) - so you're at 3500 with the KB included.

if you are willing to shovel out $450 more to get the louder whine, go right ahead! And, the 2.3 displaces more air....(flame suit is on)

peace

I didn't know you could deduct the chip today. You couldn't in the past. If that's true then I would definately go with the KB. I like the way peope think that going with a Whipple will save them money. If you go with a Whipple, you'll have to buy a set of gaskets and many other small pieces like vacuum lines and fittings that come in the KB kit. You aint "savin" much I can tell ya especially when you add in your time and costs running around ordering and picking it up.

The KB comes with an illustrated instruction manual and if this is your first blower swap a manual will be helpfull. The Whipple did not have a manual at one time. Not sure about now. You should also plan on 55-60# injectors and a MAF Extender or SCT meter at the same time. Anything over 500 rwhp require these changes as well as a BAP and/or Focus pumps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread