KB on an 05+ mustang?

04 Redline

Established Member
I am the specialty vehicle advisor for my dealership, and naturally I deal with 90% Saleen customers. All of them crave more power, and are dissatisfied with the 5lb twin screw setup that Saleen offers in their SC model. Almost all want to go with a 13lb KB kit, and when I advise them that they'll need to reinforce the motor, but they tell me that their shop is assuring them that the stock internals will handle it. Isn't that kind of boost going to net them at least 525 crank? They are being told the setup will net them 600+hp. Seems a little high. I'm pretty sure that they'll grenade sooner or later. From my education on this engine I am sure 450 crank is what the stock block will handle. Am I wrong? What will they need to be safe?

Last edited:

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
450rwhp is the general concensus on the rods but some have been able to push them farther.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
and furthermore, I applaude you(as a car salesman) wanting to research the car to provide better info for the consumer- rather than just bs'ing the customer.

Almo

Established Member
hydroshutter said:
and furthermore, I applaude you(as a car salesman) wanting to research the car to provide better info for the consumer- rather than just bs'ing the customer.

+1 :beer:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
MM&FF safely got 525rwhp out of a s/c Mustang GT.......and where saying it could easily handle that power :read:

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
hydroshutter said:

Well said. I was once told by a salesman that the new Hemi did away with spark plugs.

04 Redline

Established Member
hydroshutter said:
Thanks, but I actually work in the service department, and there is a lot of liability of what I recommend (also on warranty voiding mods as well) and if it even worth it to do so. Love this site; a lot to learn from everyone here. Yes, these owners hammer their cars BTW, that's why I was curious as to how long the stock block will handle this kind of power.

Users who are viewing this thread