kb on 01 cobra

tapout632

Established Member
ok guys heres my situation.

I am upside down on an '01 cobra I paid about 30 grand for it last year and now when I go to trade in for an 03 cobra they only offer me 15k in trade in so i'm losing out a shit load. now, i figure.. since a lot of 03 cobra owners swap their stock supercharge for a KB for MASSIVE gains and possibly doing 10 second ET 1/4. I was thinking... If I were to forge my internals in my'01 and slap on a KB.. will it be just as fast as a bolt on 03/04? As fast as a KB 03/04? What would the differences be?

I am thinking to just mod my 01 because it would save me a lot of money if i were to get an 03 so if I forged + kb would it be just as fast as an 03 with kb... Once I forge the internals would my engine still be a ticking time bomb? so far I already changed my rear bumper and spoiler and hood & front bumper with the 03/04 look so now I am gonna work on getting a blower

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
tapout632 said:
Once I forge the internals would my engine still be a ticking time bomb? so far I already changed my rear bumper and spoiler and hood & front bumper with the 03/04 look so now I am gonna work on getting a blower

If you have people who know what they are doing build your engine, you are not going to be driving a timebomb. It should be more reliable than a 03. The 2.2 KB for 99/01's is way expensive. If you are going to spend the money for a Blowzilla, look into a turbo, because you are creeping towards that territory. I would say you should build you engine, get a tranny that can handle the power, buy a built solid axle, and slap on a Procharger or something and call it quits. Do all that and you should have no problem whooping up on a whole bunch of 03's. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread