KB Monoblade

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Would like to know as well. WOnder if JL has had a chance to tune one yet?

CPRsm

Bet it's no fun to tune. Although with it being drive by wire, that could make it a bit easier. Mechanical, street cars guys would build progressive linkage because TB's where getting so big, it made them VERY touchy.

Van@RevanRacing

Bet it's no fun to tune. Although with it being drive by wire, that could make it a bit easier. Mechanical, street cars guys would build progressive linkage because TB's where getting so big, it made them VERY touchy.

Drive By Wire tuning on these mono blades was a major PITA in the past and it has gotten a LOT better. Everybody is different. Some guys want a 2,000+ CFM flowing throttle body on a 1,000+ rwhp car that drives with stock GT500 throttle response. I'm not kidding either. They are out there.

Now if you are using the TB for Racing and its WOT, well WOT is WOT. Where the confusion sets in is the drive ability on the street. There are changes in Drive By Wire and Dashpot. It's a real can of freakin' worms.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Drive By Wire tuning on these mono blades was a major PITA in the past and it has gotten a LOT better. Everybody is different. Some guys want a 2,000+ CFM flowing throttle body on a 1,000+ rwhp car that drives with stock GT500 throttle response. I'm not kidding either. They are out there.

Now if you are using the TB for Racing and its WOT, well WOT is WOT. Where the confusion sets in is the drive ability on the street. There are changes in Drive By Wire and Dashpot. It's a real can of freakin' worms.

I'm one of those guys... but I'm also a realist.... sometime one has to sacrifice street manners for raw power! :beer:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I believe my memory is correct that someone showed a 30 RWHP gain from switching to the 75mm TB to the Monoblade TB. I wonder if anyone has gotten 50 RWHP out of the swap?

CPRsm

Oh I know it. Glad I'm blowing thru mine. Stock TB should be good for over 1000rwhp, no problem at all. Have seen a single 75mm go over 1000rwhp. This one here is gargantuan :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread