KB Kit info has been posted....

duece

Established Member
the 5-6 psi kits seem to me to be a great daily driver blower mabey I can swing it one of these days

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
You have to give Kenne Bell thier due respect for producing this kit. For me, the blowzilla would be the only option but it's priced way out of sanity. I do realize they have supplied a massive amount of parts for this kit and the price is justified when comparing these factors. In any case $6899 could be much better spent in other places on my car.

I actually considered selling my Vortech setup to do the swap over to Kenne Bell but the price is what stopped me. Having the good fortune of owning both a centrifugal blown Cobra and twin screw blown Saleen I have come to learn a few things comparing the two side by side. Overall the Saleen is much more fun on the street under normal and part throttle driving conditions due to the almost instant torque rush. When it comes to the centrifigul in the Cobra, that car is a dead set winner under full throttle.

I think the ultimate combonation of strip and street would be found in the 03/04 Cobra (or 99-01 Cobra) with the Kenne Bell Blowzilla sitting on top. With a proper tune this type of car would be all the fun a guy could want.

My opinion is if your a guy who is looking for moderate horsepower (400-450rwhp) and won't be thriving for anything above that, then the Kenne Bell would serve top billing for the overall performance and fun factor. If your looking to make serious horsepower on a budget then the centrifugal would be the weapon of choice. This is assuming your not interested in spending $6899 for the blowzilla and another $5000 for a built shortblock and tune.

Just my .02,
Razor. :beer:

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by trents99
Time to go sell blood......and a kidney :nonono:

Although this sounds intriguing:

At 5 psi, with the Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™ and SWITCH CHIP®, and all stock components (inlet system, mass air meter, throttle body, 24lb injectors, pump etc.) this kit produces 400RWHP

Throw on your other stuff i.e. MAF, CAI, Full exhaust and you'd have a pretty damn good output and @ 5psi (a little more with the CAI) it looks pretty safe. Comments????

i think that 400rwhp is on a car with some mods say x pipe and catback and maybe cold air. no way do i see a bone stock 265-280rhwp cobra picking up 120-135rwhp on only 5psi on a supercharger? that is between 24-27 rwhp per lb. and on stock fuel system too? no way... when the vortech for me (same deal with not being cooled) made about 17rwhp per lb? this to me seems unreal. but if the cobra was already 300 or so then add 5psi,better injectors and maf, and good tune then i can see 400rwhp range no prob because that is 19-20 per lb of boost (which i know the twin screw is more efficient so i can see that)

but no WAY are you going to make 400rwhp on STOCK fuel system and exhaust. am i the only one that says *cough cough* bull sh it? :shrug:

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by cobra29
You guys quite your wining. We wanted a twin screw, here we go, they built us one. Except it and move on.

yeah and its more expensive than a vortech/pro charger/paxton/ and they come with EVERYTHING including fuel system!

99SVTcobraVERT

Originally posted by tv's 03
This is rape. Your crazy if you purchase one. The outstanding centrifugal kits outperform these and are way less $$

for the price of a 5 psi kit a 400 rwhp, you could have the intercooler vortech making excess of 460 rwhp and about 9-10 psi:rolleyes:

Next time we should be careful what we wish for, especially when it comes to kenne bell

agreed, i can have a polished bling bling v2 from vortech WITH aftercooler for over grand cheaper than the cooled big boy. and that is paying close to retail ! i can get one at cost thru my buddies shop for few hundred more than the baseline kit !

and the 5psi kit on completely stock car with 5psi and stock fuel system you HAVE to think is BS!

99SVTcobraVERT

also they claim 462hp @9psi but on 7.5 449? so in this case WITH fuel system an extra almost 2lbs only make 13rwhp???????? but yet before with stock fuel system could make mid 20s per lb. whats the deal? and also they claim the 03 cobra has 42s and it clearly has blue top 39's. and their discription says the next level up kit comes with 42lb injectors, however in their pic you can clearly see 03 cobra BLUE 39lb injectors.

also look at the dyno chart it says the stock 03 cobra on 8lbs makes 292rwtq? WTF? which is obviously ANOTHER error in their website. however, it STILL shows by the graph that stock 03 cobra makes only about 320-330rwtq? who else besides me hasnt seen a stock 03 cobra makes 320 tq at wheels? lmao, the more i read ,the more i get pissed off !!!!

also it shows that @ 19psi their STOCK 01 test cobra made over 600 at wheels. how the hell could they even do nearly 20psi on a stock 01 cobra for even long enough to do dyno run! let alone stepping it up each time with more boost for not 1,not 2 but 5 times over 500rwhp!! and twice either tapping on door or over 600rwhp! bs flag is now officially up and rant is OFF!

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
also they claim 462hp @9psi but on 7.5 449? so in this case WITH fuel system an extra almost 2lbs only make 13rwhp???????? but yet before with stock fuel system could make mid 20s per lb. whats the deal? and also they claim the 03 cobra has 42s and it clearly has blue top 39's. and their discription says the next level up kit comes with 42lb injectors, however in their pic you can clearly see 03 cobra BLUE 39lb injectors.

also look at the dyno chart it says the stock 03 cobra on 8lbs makes 292rwtq? WTF? which is obviously ANOTHER error in their website. however, it STILL shows by the graph that stock 03 cobra makes only about 320-330rwtq? who else besides me hasnt seen a stock 03 cobra makes 320 tq at wheels? lmao, the more i read ,the more i get pissed off !!!!

also it shows that @ 19psi their STOCK 01 test cobra made over 600 at wheels. how the hell could they even do nearly 20psi on a stock 01 cobra for even long enough to do dyno run! let alone stepping it up each time with more boost for not 1,not 2 but 5 times over 500rwhp!! and twice either tapping on door or over 600rwhp! bs flag is now officially up and rant is OFF!
Agreed :lol:

Avenging Angel

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001

also it shows that @ 19psi their STOCK 01 test cobra made over 600 at wheels. how the hell could they even do nearly 20psi on a stock 01 cobra for even long enough to do dyno run! let alone stepping it up each time with more boost for not 1,not 2 but 5 times over 500rwhp!!
:lol:

So true.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
what Supercharger should i aim for ?? im not throughin $6k on that charger. my range is between 1k-4ktops. ?? any ideas ?

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Screw KB. I'm still glad I'm going the Eaton route. They finally produce the kit after many years of us begging them and they finally come out with one and think they can rape us on the price... I honestly don't think they're going to get much business for these kits.

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
Originally posted by DanTheCobraMan
Screw KB. I'm still glad I'm going the Eaton route. They finally produce the kit after many years of us begging them and they finally come out with one and think they can rape us on the price... I honestly don't think they're going to get much business for these kits.

I get the feeling that was their goal.

Users who are viewing this thread