kb install questions

03 svt

Established Member
First off I want to apologize for being a jack ass, now that's out of the way. I'm installing a kb2.4 and didn't have the #4 injector inplace correctly and didn't notice until blower and intake were torqued down. So my question is when I pull this apart do I need to replace the blower gasket ? Also the lower intake gastets? It was never started or anything I'd hate to waste the money but would really hate to do it again so looking for advice?

mtnrunner

Established Member
I have never worked on a 2.4 but i am pretty sure you can just take the inlet off in the car then pull the fuel rail and put the injector in.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
On headgaskets and things similar.If i just lowered down a part onto a gasket and have never start it.You should be able to take that part back off almost as easy as it went on.What really makes everything go together and the gasket messed up down the road.Is the heat applied to the motor.

03 svt

Established Member
I had just torqued it all together last night. So I just wasn't sure if I had "crushed" the intake gasket by torqing it. As far as the blower gasket I think ican just add a bit mire silicone to that and make it work fine. I would remove the inlet but Kb loctited the piss out of it and I'm thinking it's more trouble than it's worth with all the clean up and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread