KB Install Problems

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Hey guys, I posted a thread last week cause my buddy couldn't get the Eaton out and I'm stuck in Iraq right now. Well he got the Eaton out now he couldn't figure out how to get the KB in. The only concern I really have is will I need more parts from KB, I hear it takes awhile to get parts and I will be home in 3 weeks on leave. The car is going to the shop on Thursday and my mechanic will go on everything throughly, I just dont want my car to be stuck there for a month waiting on parts. Can someone PLZ tell me from the pics why isn't everything lining up right. He couldn't get some lines hooked up in the back and also he said some wiring seemed to be too short on the driver's side. I know someone know what's wrong, PLZ tell me. :shrug:

supercharger007.jpg

supercharger006.jpg

supercharger005.jpg

jumperjack

Established Member
Hard to see by the pics. Do you have the install instructions from ken bell? I have them on my computer if you need them.

Last edited:

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
On my 2.2 the EGR tube was like that. It was a royal pain and we found it best to have the blower a little loose to wiggle the egr tube into place. Took us probably half an hour.

My accessory holder (driver side bracket thingy) didn't line up either and I could only fit one bolt in to secure it. If you have no slack, then either a vacuum hose is cut too short or there are some cables that are pinched with slack behind them that needs to be freed up.

Keep in mind this was for my 2.2.

Did they do any of the required vacuum line rerouting? I'm not sure about the newer blowers but my 2.2 required some retubing.

Double check everything before firing it off for the first time. Injectors, spark plugs, air intake, etc. Just follow the KB install/pre-ignition instructions and you will be fine!

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Thanks, I'm sure my mechanic has done a KB install before. It's going to the shop on Wed. My only concern was KB specific parts, I just wanted to try to get them before the car got there, but I will let him take care of it. It's just hard being here in Iraq, I just want to go home and fix it RIGHT NOW!

GodStang

Established Member
There are no Kenne Bell specific parts. When you buy a Kenne Bell Brand new you get the compressor with a pulley, Head to lower intake gaskets, compressor to lower intake gasket, blower oil, belt, and I think that is it. you use stock everything. If it does not fit then you just have to move stuff around.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
There are no Kenne Bell specific parts. When you buy a Kenne Bell Brand new you get the compressor with a pulley, Head to lower intake gaskets, compressor to lower intake gasket, blower oil, belt, and I think that is it. you use stock everything. If it does not fit then you just have to move stuff around.

You do actually get new, intake to blower plate bolts, if that's what they are called...I believe the KB plate is thicker, and this is the reason you have to use them... I had to order 10 of them...I'm actually installing mine here shortly in the next couple weeks. I too bought mine used. The directions have helped me greatly...

GodStang

Established Member
You do actually get new, intake to blower plate bolts, if that's what they are called...I believe the KB plate is thicker, and this is the reason you have to use them... I had to order 10 of them...I'm actually installing mine here shortly in the next couple weeks. I too bought mine used. The directions have helped me greatly...

I did not get new ones and I have reused them on many cars and have never had a problem except once and I got a new one from Ford. On a side note I do recommend replacing them if you can I just never have.

Users who are viewing this thread