KB install in progress...test drive!!!!!! Pics Monday

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
The weather in the Seattle area cooperated, the doors of the shop opened, and my final fears were put to sleep. She idled smoothly at 750 rpm's....
at only 3/4 throttle the rear tires would break loose and the rear end would go what ever way I wanted it to... I fealt no engine hesitation through shifts up to 5,600 rpm. I am waiting for an answer to a possibly stupid question as to , "is there a break in period on the KB", before I WOT. Guess it is time to ask for suggestions on a great looking tire that will handle this KB? Pics Monday.

94CobraPace

Established Member
Congrats on getting it running.. Just make sure you let out of the throttle if you hear detonation. Nitto, BFG or MT drag radials will help on the traction issue.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Good luck with it man, glad you like it! KB rules

for the tires Id look at the Nitto Radials and the BFG Radials, what width are your rims?

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
Shangsta said:
Did you get it tuned yet? Also Rick and Joey are running nitto dr's and they like em.

Not yet. I saw on the KB web site where there is a KB recommended place in Vancouver, WA called Affordable Performance. Unless I find a reputable place closer, I will take it there. Thanks for the tire info.

Yell98CobraVert

Established Member
94CobraPace said:
Congrats on getting it running.. Just make sure you let out of the throttle if you hear detonation. Nitto, BFG or MT drag radials will help on the traction issue.

I am being very aware when it comes to listening for any sort of noise or hesitation within the engine.... will not take any chances!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread