KB install. 1 bolt holding me up

79KTs03

Established Member
The blower-to-intake manifold bolt under the KB intake plenum is giving me fits, there just doesn't seem to be enough room to fit a wrench, finger, or pube in that space. Is there a trick to this? Has anyone not had a problem with this bolt? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

cmbanks0723

Established Member
not sure what type of bolt is shipped with a KB, but the whipples use bolts that take a allen head wrench and the one under the front side of the intake between the S/C and the TB is a pain to get to... the answer for it was a set of allen wrenches from sears that have a ball type of head on them... lets u get at the bolt from a angle

Vnomss1

Established Member
As Far as I remember, My Kenne Bell for my '94 cobra was shipped with the ball type of Allen wrench... :shrug:

79KTs03

Established Member
KB shipped it with a ball head allen wrench but the angle was too steep to get at with it. I was finally able to get it threaded down to the point where I could get it with the supplied allen wrench. Thanks for the replies.

fhp89lx

SVT Pride
Established Member
Install everthing before you install the blower on the car. What we did also was we assemble everything outside. We did have problems with that one bolt. What we did was we loosen the bolts that connects the blower to the lower intake. Then we had enought slack to install that final bolt. You might have to bend the fuel rail just a little bit. Thats all. It took us 5 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread