KB cobra will not start.

jongrant

Established Member
The car had no signs of any problems and had been running perfect the past few days. Although I noticed the battery light would dimly flicker under semi-hard acceleration.
Anyway
I stopped by a chik fil a down the street, got back in the car with the motor turning over and over. :dw:
I immediately figured it was the frps which went out a couple months back when a similar issue happened. I had a brand new one laying around so I installed that and got the same results.
It has a half tank of gas.
Checked the schrader valve and noticed a tiny bit of air coming out but no gas.
Checked the fuse for the Boost-a-pump. The fuse itself was fine but the fuse holder itself appeared to be corroded. I still replaced both holder and 30amp fuse. No progress.
I then noticed the fuel pumps weren't priming with the key turned on but I would hear a clicking coming from that location.
Checked the Inertia Cutoff switch to see if the button had moved. Desperate at this point, I clicked the button both ways for the hell of it and tried both times.:poke:
Replaced the Constant Control Relay Module the following night and nothing.

In the process of purchasing the car from Chris@BAP back in December, the Ford GT pumps/Fore Hat were being installed. I wouldn't think they would fail so soon? Especially both at once? Its gotta be something small :??:

At this point I'm stuck and out of ideas. Too hard-headed to get it towed to a shop but if thats what it'll take then I'll do so. Just wanted to ask for some feedback on something I may be skipping over and opinions.

Any ideas guys? :idea:

Appreciate your inputs in advance :beer:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
Wow... did you check the fuel filter? maybe its getting a restriction there over working the pumps and burning them up???

Its not getting fuel somehow... there's either a obstruction or the pumps not working...

jongrant

Established Member
I figured I would at least hear the pumps prime with the key on regardless of possibly having a bad fuel filter. Maybe I'm wrong. I don't understand how it would go from running perfectly fine to nothing the next moment?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Although I noticed the battery light would dimly flicker under semi-hard acceleration.
For sure you've got a problem with your alternator. These cars can turn the engine over on less than 10V but the low voltage could create a problem for other systems. You need to get a diagnostic tool in there and check voltage first, if it is good then see if you're reading any fuel pressure. Maybe a line in the tank popped off or a wire came loose somewhere or you've got a bad BAP.

Last edited:

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the MAF sensor. The engine would turn, car would burb and that was it. Short or batt problem also sounds like a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread