KB Cobra vs TVS 1LE Camaro

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
well, after reading some threads on other forums and seeing what was being said i thought i'd post up both vids from the summer w/ my old neighbor and see what everyone thinks. Enjoy:beer:

his mods-tvs2300, gt9 cam, 391 gears,long tubes, weight 3815lbs. 645rwhp/600rwtq

my mods-kb 2.8lc mammoth, comp stg3 cams, 3.73 gears, slp long tubes, meth, weight 3580. 690rwhp/598rwtq i already know my shifting was awful, MGW:bowdown:has been installed to correct that:banana:

1st race is a solid 2nd gear 40 roll:rockon:

kb cobra vs tvs camaro - YouTube

2nd race is a 3rd gear 55 roll:shrug:(fwd to :42 for run)

kb cobra vs tvs camaro pt. 2 - YouTube

2nd race his view

645WHP 1LE Camaro vs 700+WHP Cobra - YouTube

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
thought my shifting was bad lol what happend on the 55 roll seems like you should beable to pull pretty good on the 40?

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
thought my shifting was bad lol what happend on the 55 roll seems like you should beable to pull pretty good on the 40?

i started to pull a little until i had to shift:shrug: damn tri-ax and cable quadrant got me

Good runs, you killed him the first run, what happened the 2nd run?

sun was in my eyes, oily hands , saw Godzilla. pick your excuse. really though, see above. i hesitated a little and couldn't make up for it between 3rd-4th.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
i started to pull a little until i had to shift:shrug: damn tri-ax and cable quadrant got me

sun was in my eyes, oily hands , saw Godzilla. pick your excuse. really though, see above. i hesitated a little and couldn't make up for it between 3rd-4th.

It's all good man, you still killed him on the 40, Godzilla will scare the shit out of you.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Mash the throttle, shift, call mom and ask her how her day has been, grab 3rd...mash throttle again, shift, take selfie and post on facebook (#powershifting, #makingsammich, #need-to-grab-a-gear), grab 4th.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn broski, i can honestly say i have never seen such slow shifting as the one displayed on your first video in all my time street racing.

Why on God's green earth would you start in 3rd gear at 55? Had you started in 2nd you would have been at the peak in the power band and would have provided another beatdown such as in the first video.

The girl in the camaro video was funny.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
Mash the throttle, shift, call mom and ask her how her day has been, grab 3rd...mash throttle again, shift, take selfie and post on facebook (#powershifting, #makingsammich, #need-to-grab-a-gear), grab 4th.

:lol:

Damn broski, i can honestly say i have never seen such slow shifting as the one displayed on your first video in all my time street racing.

Why on God's green earth would you start in 3rd gear at 55? Had you started in 2nd you would have been at the peak in the power band and would have provided another beatdown such as in the first video.

The girl in the camaro video was funny.

i kno i kno...shifting was a pita then but i'd rather shift slow and hit 3rd then miss altogether.YES, it was that bad. we did a 3rd @ 55 at his request(his sweet spot)

i enjoy his title... 700+

he also put that i have a Whipple:shrug: car has seen north of 700 though, probably why he put that.

Last edited:

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
Good runs. That 1LE looked pretty bad ass

it is! crazy amount of money went into that car before it hit 1k miles.

IMG_2745_zpsc6c840e6.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
:lol:

i kno i kno...shifting was a pita then but i'd rather shift slow and hit 3rd then miss altogether.YES, it was that bad. we did a 3rd @ 55 at his request(his sweet spot)

True true... Better slow and steady than missed shifts. Have you taken out the detent bolt from your tranny and added 2 washers. It takes the resistance from your shifter and makes shifting a little smoother. If you havent, search "anti-venom mod". It might help.

Next time do that 55 in second, dont ever let your opponent pick the gear for you.

Keep the videos coming.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
True true... Better slow and steady than missed shifts. Have you taken out the detent bolt from your tranny and added 2 washers. It takes the resistance from your shifter and makes shifting a little smoother. If you havent, search "anti-venom mod". It might help.

Next time do that 55 in second, dont ever let your opponent pick the gear for you.

Keep the videos coming.

i just changed to MGW and gm syncromesh which made a noticeable difference..thanks for the tip! i'll do anything to help this notchy bastard

edit: found it!! http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/686622-want-smoother-shifts-try-10.html

i'll do this when i get back home!

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member

Keep the videos coming.

55 in second is like 5k if i remember...i always start in third from a 55-60 roll but maybe its because i only shift at 6k :shrug:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
55 in second is like 5k if i remember...i always start in third from a 55-60 roll but maybe its because i only shift at 6k :shrug:

Yeah, pretty close to that. If you manage to get quick and clean with the shifts you will be at peak power out of the hole and continue on the power curve. Dont be afraid of the Rs. You should genrally be shifting at 6.5Rs.

55-60 in 3rd is one of the weaker spots for your cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread