KB Cobra vs My evo

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Little background info that I'm copy/pasting from a local site.

Today on my first and only check of HBGtuned I recieved a PM. I figured that it would be Auto Art Bob continuing with his sexual advances, but instead I got to read this:

hey my buddy wants to know when your comming out next to race. He has a cobra and wants to race you. Hes heard of you and wants to race. Let me know if you want to and when. Later

So, being that I love to race, I was quite intrigued. I sent a message on how to contact me, and through out the day me and said individual talked, until finally I asked for said friend's contact information. To this point I was told that the car was 500whp, and there is NO mention of racing for money.

This is how the conversation went after I had contacted the friend.

BTW all names will be concealed to protect the.....people.

AIM with original PM sender:

Sender: This is his cell. His name is XXXXX (and a number)
Me: We're going to the pike tonite
Sender - We?
Me - Me and my chick
Me- I sent a text to your friend, no reply though
Sender: Oh ok. I'll be out. I told him u would be contacting him.
Me - Shit I might not come out, forgot my chick is on call and the pike is more then 30 minutes away and your boy hasnt contacted me
Sender- Well he's definitely not coming out tonight, come by yourself then.
(Around this point, the guy with the car starts replying to my texts....it will make sense when you read the texts)
Me - Heh
Me - What year is the car?
Me - Nice try at hustling btw
Sender - 95
Me - It's an 03 with a Kenne Bell
Me - I know a shit load about cobras
Sender - So how am I hustling?
Me - Because it's a 650whp car probably
Me - Why the silence? Didn't think I knew what a Kenne Bell cobra can do?
Me - I bet I'm close with the hp numbers
Sender - What are you scared? I'm gonna race him and im not scared.
Me - Scared????Not at all, the fact that he's really pushing the "let's race for cash" while you're spouting bullshit about this car makes me want to slap the shit out of you
Me - It's one thing to hustle, it's another to use what little trust i had for you to try and steal money from me
(He now sends a bunch of ascii code or something, probably just his cell phone screwing up)
Me- WTF is that?
Sender - WTF is what?
Me - I just got a long instant message but it was all ascii or something
Sender - I said it was his idea to race for money not mine. And I love how you always want to fight when things don't go your way.
Me -Wha???
Me- You're trying to hustle me and I shouldn't be pissed????
Me - You're a toolbag dude, and I had given you the benefit of the doubt, but little shitheads like yourself think you can scam and walk away clean.
Me - Oh and btw if I was going to kick someones ass, I wouldnt ****ing proclaim it, I would just go do it.
Me - I think you made a stupid mistake because you're stupid, but I'm VERY easy going, you should be thankful.

Ok so now the part where I'm taking to the guy who owns the car, these were all texts

Me - Heard you're looking to run a yellow evo
Me - I'll be on the Pike later if you want to run
Guy - Hey what's up?? I can't tonight I'm out of town till tommorrow night....were you looking to run for money?
Me - Against a car with 100whp more then me??? Doubtful
Me - What's done to your car?
Guy - My car probably weighs 1500lbs more than yours? I weigh 3600lbs just all ur basic bolt ons....injectors superecharged chip exhaust
Me- you weigh 300lbs more......xxxx said it dyno'd at 500ish, so I know it's probably a ported eaton, pulley and heat exchanger
Guy - Kb supercharged....well if we dont race for money im not going from a dig theres no point of me warming up my tires and wearing them down for no money sorry
Me - What year is the car?
Guy - 03
Me - Nice try to hustle, kb's gonna make a lot more then the 500 xxx claimed
Guy - XXXX told you 500ish i never got it dyno'd
Me - Cmon man, kenne bell cobras make 650ish, and I find it hard to believe the car has never seen a dyno, considering I'm pretty sure I have a friend that saw it dyno
Guy - It hasnt been dyno'd ever since i did all the stuff to it....so im tellin you the truth im not gonna make this a huge deal if you want to race im up for it if not oh well....I'm not gonna spend all night arguing with you about a dumb race

If that's not a set up hustle, I don't know one.

When I end up meeting the guy, it ends up having a pretty neatly hidden nitrous system on it. He turns off the valve, purges out the system......

I dunno it sure as hell scoots out there away from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3qgSav-_xw

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Sounds to me like the guy with the Cobra wasn't trying to be an ass, while his friend was nothing but a douche.

But yeah, that thing booked!

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
2nd race he only had me by about 2 cars when I missed forth....I dunno, shitty night hahah =p

Can't win em all.

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
Sounds to me like the guy with the Cobra wasn't trying to be an ass, while his friend was nothing but a douche.

But yeah, that thing booked!

I'd say claiming your car is basic bolt ons when in reality it's a sprayed kenne bell is kinda shady. Especially when you're talking about racing for money prior.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I'd say claiming your car is basic bolt ons when in reality it's a sprayed kenne bell is kinda shady. Especially when you're talking about racing for money prior.

True, but if I were putting 500 bucks on the line, I might be a little shady as well. At least he stated he had a Kenne Bell, and he didn't say it was a 95, like his buddy.

Common

Established Member
I hate people like that..........................

It is always "buddies" that race for the car owner and are saying stupid shit.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
As I found 03 buddy lvrs always understate the car. Later usually he brags it up mo than the owner after 03 comes out on top. I've been known to send my buddy to set up something just not fo money. I just get bored. Sorry. We can be shady but asked I tell the facts. No different than most turbo awds saying 20# when 23# or mo on race gas..... Lets be real here...;-)

atlvalet

Established Member
Usually a good way to hustle is by telling people it has "xxx" hp, you just don't mention it's at the wheels. Then, if they ask you if it's at the wheels, you tell them yes...but not that it was a Mustang Dyno.

I'm not really one for lying about mods, myself. Then again, I don't race for money.

Beetle6986

Established Member
2nd race he only had me by about 2 cars when I missed forth....I dunno, shitty night hahah =p

Can't win em all.

Looks like you guys were on 81? I think I saw that Cobra for sale in Dillsburg a couple months ago. I think its a KB 2.2 with a 75 shot (with a solid axle also). It was on the dyno at SGS in Dillsburg. I'm pretty sure it was north of 600 RWHP.

bmfgsxr

Established Member

lol.. that is pretty comical.

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
Nothing wrong with not being too specific. I usually just tell people it has a pulley, tune & CAI. I leave out the part about the pulley being attached to a KB. :burnout:

rueljr

Established Member
I live in Denver and when someone asks how much HP my car makes, I tell them 508 at the wheels. Which is true but what I don't tell them is that that is uncorrected and it is 627 corrected. It's not my fault that they assume that is SAE.

EVLSVT

Banned
29593PUBLIC.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread