KB Boss-o-matic road trip and new PB

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
The NMRA had it's first all female true street shoot out in Norwalk this past weekend. I figured it would be a good opportunity to visit family in PA and get some times at a well prepped track.

I shipped my drag tires to Pittsburgh, put the stock tires on the Boss, loaded the 93 tune and my dog and drove 1900+ miles to PA and then to Norwalk on Friday. Average MPG on 93 was 23-25! Car ran like a top! The only casualty was the stock Boss splitter thanks to a "road gator" :fm:

In Norwalk, we changed plugs, swapped tires, put pump E85 in the tank and loaded the ethanol tune. The car ran a total of 8 passes, most being 10.2-10.3 with a best of 10.1 @ 139. Boost was 16-17 psi and since I needed to drive the car home, it was idle launched.

I did take runner up in the female true street shoot out, won the 10 second female class and runner up in the top 8 female shoot out on Sunday. The winning car was an amazing Fox that ran 8.86 I think.

Btw, this the same set up (sans tires) that ran 202.7 at the TX mile. :rockon:

Major Mod list: KB LC 3.6, Fore Innovations fuel system, id 2000 injectors, BMR UCA/LCAs, stock headers, stock long block, Jon Lund tuned.

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

nicksender

Established Member
I was at Norwalk on Saturday and saw your car run. Those were some amazing runs; didn't expect to see those times. I though when I first saw the Boss in the staging lanes it would be an 11/12 sec. car.

Very impressive that you drove it all over half the country; not many people would do that with a street/drag car much less a future collectible.

Congratulations; hopefully there was some prize money to help with the travel costs and/or dog food.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I was at Norwalk on Saturday and saw your car run. Those were some amazing runs; didn't expect to see those times. I though when I first saw the Boss in the staging lanes it would be an 11/12 sec. car.

Very impressive that you drove it all over half the country; not many people would do that with a street/drag car much less a future collectible.

Congratulations; hopefully there was some prize money to help with the travel costs and/or dog food.

Thanks! The Boss looks and sounds pretty much stock other than the slight whine at idle. I was really hoping to get a 9, but common sense took over and we did not put the smaller pulley on.

As for collectibility, I bought the car to enjoy! I won enough to cover shipping my tires and most of the gas which was a bonus! :beer:

That track is awesome and I'll definitely be visiting again.

Users who are viewing this thread