KB Boost-A-Pump

Cobreezy

Established Member
Has anyone experience any problems with their KB Boost-A-Pump? The issue I'm having is fluctuating fuel pressure while cruising. The pressure will spike from 0 to 60 psi and I can feel the car hesitate. :mj: My fuel pressure at idle is normally a little below 20 psi.

I'm thinking it's either the BAP or the FPDM. :shrug: Anyone have any other ideas or experience the same issue?

Black306

Established Member
I have a couple BAPs and they are put through more abuse than most here (they are in my 2 son's Power Wheels Mustangs :D ). They both work well. But that doesn't mean they still can't fail. If you believe that the BAP may be failing, have you considered bypassing it?

An FPDM is a pretty reliable piece. It usually only gives trouble under heavy load. I believe it is unlikely your FPDM is the culprit. Possible, but unlikely. I would suggest checking for codes and data logging fuel pump duty cycle. Depending on your mods, duty cycle should be about 15-20% at idle.

A pressure reading at idle of below 20psi is a problem. Under normal circumstances, pressure drop (or delta pressure) should be ~40psi. That means you'll have a pressure reading of about 30psi @ idle with ~18" of vacuum.

Users who are viewing this thread