KB BAP install question

Skibur

Established Member
I am trying to install the KB dual BAP with 21v and plug and play on my 2014 GT500 and I am finding the installation instructions not very good. I have the back panel off in the truck and found what I believe to be the sensors I need to unplug on both the drivers side and passenger side; but I am not sure what to do with the factory wiring harness that plugs into the sensor. Do they just hang lose going forward?

Also KB recommends not running full time on, but Lund tuning suggested that I do. Not sure which is best, but if I run the electrical lines into the engine bay and install the supplied vacuum sensor where do get the vacuum to put on the KB sensor? The instructions do not really describe this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Run the BAP full time, the FPDMs will always control the voltage so you're safe there. As for the wiring, I didn't know KB BAPs are plug and play now. I have always had to solder the wires from thr FPDM to the BAP. can you post up some pictures on what you're working with.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pics would help. The plug and play came out about two or three months ago. I have it installed. Super easy.

Try to answer your questions but let me preface by saying that I would strongly urge you to contact Kenne Bell or whoever you bought Supercharger from. Where you disconnected the factory sensors, you connect the Kenne Bell plug and play wires/sensors. You now connect the disconnected factory sensor to the unused female end Kenne Bell sensor. Clear. The Kenne Bell has a male and a female end. The factory only has the male. By sensors I am assuming and I know I shouldn't, you are talking about the large grey 'plugs'.

I don't know what to tell you about whether to run or not run all the time. I have a Lund tune but I run the vacuum sensor per Kenne Bell instructions. I do not know which Supercharger or instructions you have but for me it was Stage 1 book Step 118 and 178.

Hope this helps. If not, sorry.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Agreed. Would be nice if someone made a plug and play harness.
-J
VMP sells a plug n play conversation harness for their BAP. If you know what you’re doing it’s not hard to adapt to the KB BAP. I did this for my 12’ GT.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Kenne Bell Plug and Play BAP is easy peasy. Only pain is running the one wire all the way to front if vehicle to vacuum switch. But i am old so there is that.

Skibur

Established Member
Thanks for the replies all.

I had a light bulb go off and then it all made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread