KB 3.2

D3 SS 3D

Established Member
Here’s my dyno for the 3.2 kit, KB standard tune and no other mods.

Also, wife watched FEDEX roll KB box up drive end over end, fortunately, KB does a great job packing....not to say FEDEX is to blame here, but I don’t trust shipping companies.

D103BC7A-9CEE-4A36-9302-4B94017C8F06.jpeg

Last edited:

manny231988

Established Member
Ya luckily I saw the fed ex unloading it and using the dolly the whole way to my front door where the outside of the box showed no damage but once I opened the box it was a whole different story

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Here’s my dyno for the 3.2 kit, KB standard tune and no other mods.

Also, wife watched FEDEX roll KB box up drive end over end, fortunately, KB does a great job packing....not to say FEDEX is to blame here, but I don’t trust shipping companies.

View attachment 1500096
How much boost you running? And was it a hot day? Looks like it running low for #s IMO if your at 18psi. Should be around 730whp maybe on a dynojet for sure

D3 SS 3D

Established Member
Yeah, it was hot for Houston in May, not blistering hot though. Agreed, I do think the numbers are a little low as I was expecting closer to the Kenne Bell tech below (3.2 @ 93)....it's all good, not unhappy with the KB kit.

http://kennebell.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Shelby-2013-Tech-Tips.pdf

@Manny - any news from Paypal or FEDEX? Are you getting a refund, hopefully you can get the $ back and buy what you want.

manny231988

Established Member
Yeah, it was hot for Houston in May, not blistering hot though. Agreed, I do think the numbers are a little low as I was expecting closer to the Kenne Bell tech below (3.2 @ 93)....it's all good, not unhappy with the KB kit.

http://kennebell.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Shelby-2013-Tech-Tips.pdf

@Manny - any news from Paypal or FEDEX? Are you getting a refund, hopefully you can get the $ back and buy what you want.

No word on anything yet the guy really acts like he don’t care it my problem now, and nothing from PayPal, guy claims I need to take it up with Fed ex, but still doesn’t change the fact that this isn’t a brand New kit like he stated in his Ad, I’ll give PayPal a call

D3 SS 3D

Established Member
Sorry to hear that, hopefully this works out and you either get the $ or a replacement.

manny231988

Established Member
Alright guys here is the update so I called PayPal and asked what was going on they said the seller sent them pictures or whatever and he said that I knew the kit was used and I Had agreed to it, I just can’t believe the scumbag can do me like this well I sent them pictures of everything with silicone all over the damm place, oil all over the damm place and the damm damage and even sent them pics of the pm’s we sent back and forth were he stated it was a new kit, and where I asked him if everything was gonna get packaged tight and he replied yes sir. I have never been done like this if I knew it was used I wouldn’t have bought it plain and simple, and would’ve never been i this situation, @red3v im talking about you

Necrotizing

Established Member
From what I understand, PayPal is supposed to be great about buyer protection. I hope to see it be true. I've used PayPal for a guy to buy a cheap car from me before. They had time constraints on releasing the money to me in an effort to ensure that the buyer received the "product" in the described condition. I know some accounts get to forgo that after a certain amount of time/verification, if I remember correctly. I hate to hear this happened. Keep us updated on the PayPal process if possible. I'm not trying to pry into your business and all the details. However I'm sure some of us on here, being many use PayPal, would love to find PayPal is doing their best to ensure our buying experience is protected like they say.

D3 SS 3D

Established Member
Reread the entire thread and looked at all pictures, there may have been some damage that can be attributed to fedex, but this is not a new blower, no way. Is all restitution from PayPal gone? If so, can you move to make claims against fedex for the scarring on the housing during transit? Sorry to hear about this manny, extremely unfortunate.

manny231988

Established Member
From what I understand, PayPal is supposed to be great about buyer protection. I hope to see it be true. I've used PayPal for a guy to buy a cheap car from me before. They had time constraints on releasing the money to me in an effort to ensure that the buyer received the "product" in the described condition. I know some accounts get to forgo that after a certain amount of time/verification, if I remember correctly. I hate to hear this happened. Keep us updated on the PayPal process if possible. I'm not trying to pry into your business and all the details. However I'm sure some of us on here, being many use PayPal, would love to find PayPal is doing their best to ensure our buying experience is protected like they say.
Ya I’ve used PayPal for almost 10 years and have never had anything like this happened, I will let y’all know for sure because if they don’t back me I will never use them again and just use my credit cards as they offer some pretty good protection most of the time.

manny231988

Established Member
Reread the entire thread and looked at all pictures, there may have been some damage that can be attributed to fedex, but this is not a new blower, no way. Is all restitution from PayPal gone? If so, can you move to make claims against fedex for the scarring on the housing during transit? Sorry to hear about this manny, extremely unfortunate.
Ya I understand the risk of shipping but you insure it I asked the guy if he insured it and he never wrote back so I doubt he did, also when I opened the package and the blower wasn’t supported by anything other than packing paper and bouncing around in there I blame him for that also, and the cherry on top of the condition of this brand new never used blower kit, PayPal said they protect the buyer so we will see after they see everything I guess

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless the shipping container is somehow damaged, damage like you see in the photos are the result of a poor packing job by the seller for which the carrier is not responsible, nor would they cover with insurance. If you took pics of the packaging materials, I would send that to paypal as well. I'd raise these issues:
  • The merchandise was not sufficiently cushioned
  • The merchandise was not properly placed within the packaging to sufficiently protect it
  • The packaging was not sufficient to protect the merchandise
The only other explanations are you did the damage (and why would you do that), or the merchandise was damaged before shipment. Good luck. I'm sure this was not an inexpensive purchase.

manny231988

Established Member
Unless the shipping container is somehow damaged, damage like you see in the photos are the result of a poor packing job by the seller for which the carrier is not responsible, nor would they cover with insurance. If you took pics of the packaging materials, I would send that to paypal as well. I'd raise these issues:
  • The merchandise was not sufficiently cushioned
  • The merchandise was not properly placed within the packaging to sufficiently protect it
  • The packaging was not sufficient to protect the merchandise
The only other explanations are you did the damage (and why would you do that), or the merchandise was damaged before shipment. Good luck. I'm sure this was not an inexpensive purchase.

Ya the outside of the box was not damaged in any way but the thin packing paper in the inside was not enough to keep the weight of the blower from sliding bouncing and hitting everything inside the box, then again who knows if it was like this from the get go honestly at this point who knows .

TooFast98Cobra

#1 Vent Shade Installer
Established Member
Thank god you did not gift him the money. Been there before and I've been taken for $550. Good luck to you, that blower is definitely used . I'd love to see the insides of it .

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
The blower was sold as a new never used 3.2 KB and that is what he got. Somewhere from Fed ex to possible inside his home it was damaged. As we know the KB blwers do not come assembled. I had already preped the blower for install but it was never installed on my car. The fittings were only like that do to sitting for 10 months. If it had not been sitting for that long and was still in original packiging I would have asked for more money. He got a $5400 blower setup for $4200 that had never been used. I had to disassemble it some for shipping. He obviously changed his mind before the blower even arrived based off this thread. Now me and him could have possibly worked something out but he he insisted that he would get PP involved. Now regardless of what happens just know that the blower kit was never used and I have plenty of people with accounts on here that can testify on that. Nobody was ripped off. I have sold and bought ~20 items under this screen name and this is the first issue I have had. Thanks

manny231988

Established Member
The blower was sold as a new never used 3.2 KB and that is what he got. Somewhere from Fed ex to possible inside his home it was damaged. As we know the KB blwers do not come assembled. I had already preped the blower for install but it was never installed on my car. The fittings were only like that do to sitting for 10 months. If it had not been sitting for that long and was still in original packiging I would have asked for more money. He got a $5400 blower setup for $4200 that had never been used. I had to disassemble it some for shipping. He obviously changed his mind before the blower even arrived based off this thread. Now me and him could have possibly worked something out but he he insisted that he would get PP involved. Now regardless of what happens just know that the blower kit was never used and I have plenty of people with accounts on here that can testify on that. Nobody was ripped off. I have sold and bought ~20 items under this screen name and this is the first issue I have had. Thanks
Lol changed my mind on what if you would of said all this mess from the get go I would’ve never have bought this, and orderered a damm brand new one, you also told PayPal that I knew this was a used unit and that I had agreed to buying it, why would you say that? All I know you are as shady as It gets go read your for sale ad and really think about what your saying? At the end of the day, you should have stated on your forsale ad accurate description of item, not BRAND NEW IN THE BOX NEVER USED.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Lol changed my mind on what if you would of said all this mess from the get go I would’ve never have bought this, and orderered a damm brand new one, you also told PayPal that I knew this was a used unit and that I had agreed to buying it, why would you say that? All I know you are as shady as It gets go read your for sale ad and really think about what your saying? At the end of the day, you should have stated on your forsale ad accurate description of item, not BRAND NEW IN THE BOX NEVER USED.
I never stated BNIB. I also never told PP that it was used.

Users who are viewing this thread