KB 2.8LC Here I come (Thanks Van) (updated with pics!)

Tytus2012

Established Member
Just made an order for a 2.8LC kenne bell from van. Van has been nothing but professional and always there to answer any of my million questions.

Order is in and since my schedule is pretty busy I wont be able to get it installed till Dec 16. I will be heading over to power by the hour in boynton beach, fl to have it installed. I can't freaking wait. I have a MRT O/R Hpipe. also JLT 127mm carbon fiber intake(For sale). I am still thinking about selling the hpipe and putting ARH headers on when I do the KB. If I do that the H-pipe will be for sale and can be shipped out dec 16,17 if anyone is interested.

I am expecting to have somewhere around 750 hp and 700 tq maybe more if I do headers. I already have Vans full suspension and 295 MPSS to control this monster I am making. :dancenana::rockon: I feel like a 8 year on Christmas Eve :lol: I will keep you guys all posted when it gets closer. If anyone is near boynton beach area im getting a hotel and rental and maybe we can meet up or something and yes you can check out the build :beer:.

So I have added some stuff to my build.
2.8 LC KB with 3" pulley
1 7/8 AR LT with O/H
Revan racing fuel rails (black)
Red line hood struts(Lol I know should have these already)
Power by the hour is doing the install. Less than a month away.

PS
Thanks Van for making christmas fun again and giving me something to look forward to. :banana::D:rockon::rolling::beer::lol::pepper::D: :dancenana:

Hey guys just got back home from having all this done. I first want to thank Van at revanracing. Top notch customer service and went way beyond that.
I would also like to thank the guys at Power by the hour. I worked with Frank and Jake they most but anyone else there that worked on my car thank you. Top notch shop, honest, straight to the point and great work. Thank you guys.

So lets just say Holy Shit Balls. This thing pulls so hard all the way to the top. Its still smooth through the power band but you feel the power just keep coming. I have had no problems since I left the shop at 4:30 PM yesterday everything is smooth and power comes on the min you use your right foot. The headers sound insane. They are a little louder at idle than my MRT OR/h but when you get on it they scream sweet music to my ears. Overall I more than happy with my purchase.

DSC_0048.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0053.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0054.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0060.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0051.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0058.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0057.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0064.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0065.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
tylerrummery.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Congrats! :beer:

What octane tune will you be using and do you plan on having a race gas/E85 tune?

Van@RevanRacing

Just made an order for a 2.8LC kenne bell from van. Van has been nothing but professional and always there to answer any of my million questions.

Order is in and since my schedule is pretty busy I wont be able to get it installed till Dec 16. I will be heading over to power by the hour in boynton beach, fl to have it installed. I can't freaking wait. I have a MRT O/R Hpipe. also JLT 127mm carbon fiber intake(For sale). I am still thinking about selling the hpipe and putting ARH headers on when I do the KB. If I do that the H-pipe will be for sale and can be shipped out dec 16,17 if anyone is interested.

I am expecting to have somewhere around 750 hp and 700 tq maybe more if I do headers. I already have Vans full suspension and 295 MPSS to control this monster I am making. :dancenana::rockon: I feel like a 8 year on Christmas Eve :lol: I will keep you guys all posted when it gets closer. If anyone is near boynton beach area im getting a hotel and rental and maybe we can meet up or something and yes you can check out the build :beer:.

PS
Thanks Van for making christmas fun again and giving me something to look forward to. :banana::D:rockon::rolling::beer::lol::pepper::D: :dancenana:

:beer::beer::beer:

This is what it's all about! More Power!!

Thanks T-

Van

NIXDSG

Established Member
Congratulations, I'm jealous. I will keep track of your progress for sure.

So tell me, how do you get to 750 with the stock exhaust manifolds? What other parts are needed? I'm very interested.

Nic

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Congratulations, I'm jealous. I will keep track of your progress for sure.

So tell me, how do you get to 750 with the stock exhaust manifolds? What other parts are needed? I'm very interested.

Nic

I made 765 through the stock manifolds on my 2013 with an MRT off road H pipe and a Kenne Bell 2.8 with 3" upper pulley.

NIXDSG

Established Member
I made 765 through the stock manifolds on my 2013 with an MRT off road H pipe and a Kenne Bell 2.8 with 3" upper pulley.

really? goodness gracious mother of pearl and slap me silly. Was that w/ 93 octane fuel? If I can only get 92, can I assume I can add Torco to get the octane I need??

Some times I hate this car, crap. How do I convince the wife that I "need" to spend another 7k on it? Shit.

Nic

Van@RevanRacing

really? goodness gracious mother of pearl and slap me silly. Was that w/ 93 octane fuel? If I can only get 92, can I assume I can add Torco to get the octane I need??

Some times I hate this car, crap. How do I convince the wife that I "need" to spend another 7k on it? Shit.

Nic
92 and a can of torco will give you plenty of octane protection.

I wish I could answer the question on how to convince your wife. :beer:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Curious what(and why) intake you are replacing the JLT 123 with.

Van@RevanRacing

Curious what(and why) intake you are replacing the JLT 123 with.

He's going to the Kenne Bell Gimme 5 (5" Intake with Kenne Bell 168 MM Oval Throttle Body) The coupling on the JLT 123MM or JLT 127MM isn't large enough for the KB Oval TB and the Kenne Bell Air Filter has a higher air flow rate than the S&B Filter as well. :beer:

Bad Company

Established Member
He's going to the Kenne Bell Gimme 5 (5" Intake with Kenne Bell 168 MM Oval Throttle Body) The coupling on the JLT 123MM or JLT 127MM isn't large enough for the KB Oval TB and the Kenne Bell Air Filter has a higher air flow rate than the S&B Filter as well. :beer:
Van

Does both the carbon fiber and plastic JLT Super Big Air intakes match the twin blade 75mm and 168mm mono-blade Kenne Bell TB?

I'll be honest in saying I like the JLT's heat shield much better than what Kenne Bell provides with their kits. I live in an urban area with a lot of stop and go driving. The KB heat shield will allow much more engine heat to be drawn in at the filter than the JLT from the pictures I've seen of the two systems. This is why I'm asking this question.

Van@RevanRacing

Van

Does both the carbon fiber and plastic JLT Super Big Air intakes match the twin blade 75mm and 168mm mono-blade Kenne Bell TB?

I'll be honest in saying I like the JLT's heat shield much better than what Kenne Bell provides with their kits. I live in an urban area with a lot of stop and go driving. The KB heat shield will allow much more engine heat to be drawn in at the filter than the JLT from the pictures I've seen of the two systems. This is why I'm asking this question.

Yes the JLT Super Big Air does work.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Grats on the KB ! P B H is a top notch shop. You will be very happy with how everything is done.

I will follow this build, a buddy of mines with a 10 is looking to do a 2.8 KB.

Tytus2012

Established Member
Grats on the KB ! P B H is a top notch shop. You will be very happy with how everything is done.

I will follow this build, a buddy of mines with a 10 is looking to do a 2.8 KB.

Thanks wish it was December already.

So everyone knows the MRT o/r h-pipe is for sale pm if interested
It's on the car now and will be shipped December 16th or 17th once it comes off

Users who are viewing this thread