KB 2.8LC guys! Tell me your experiences with it!

scottGT500

Established Member
Hey guys! Getting VERY close to my next major mod round...:banana:

I have spoken to Van at length about the KB 2.8LC and he loves/loved it! I am wanting to hear from others on their experiences with this blower (not the 3.6). I would like to know about your power #'s, overall feel of the power, how "street able" it is, ect...basically your opinion on going with the KB vs modding the TVS.

I already know from many how good the TVS is with either an upper or lower pulley...even adding headers ect...I currently have Van's 13-6 kit.

My car is my daily driver and a street car...not too much track time...

Also I will stay under 18psi using 93 octane.

I had a KB 2.8H on my 2010 GT500 and loved it! I just wished it had a tad bit more low end grunt....which the TVS happens to give.

Thanks in advance guys! :beer:

Scott

Last edited:

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
just the sound of the blower sitting in traffic gives me the chills.

are you getting it remote tuned with lund?

scottGT500

Established Member
just the sound of the blower sitting in traffic gives me the chills.

are you getting it remote tuned with lund?

Should I choose the KB...definitely! Did you? I am wondering how complicated remote tuning actually is. Luckily I will have Van@RevanRacing to assist which will help because his service is top notch...but of all of my modified cars (@8), I have never done a remote tune...which I am a bit anxious about...

:bash:

Van@RevanRacing

Should I choose the KB...definitely! Did you? I am wondering how complicated remote tuning actually is. Luckily I will have Van@RevanRacing to assist which will help because his service is top notch...but of all of my modified cars (@8), I have never done a remote tune...which I am a bit anxious about...

:bash:

If you can use a laptop computer it's easy. No need to be anxious about remote tuning with Lund Racing. It's a process and very smooth.

MattR

Established Member
How do you go about finding a shop that has a dyno and will allow you to do a remote tune? Most shops that I know of in my state do their own tunes and I would think I would tick them off even asking. Does Lund have a relationship with different shops? I have also thought about this.

scottGT500

Established Member
How do you go about finding a shop that has a dyno and will allow you to do a remote tune? Most shops that I know of in my state do their own tunes and I would think I would tick them off even asking. Does Lund have a relationship with different shops? I have also thought about this.

I have a local shop that wouldn't mind...I think.....lol

But yes, I understand your concern...a tune is instant $400-$800 profit...that they would not get.

:beer:

Van@RevanRacing

Not with a Kenne Bell throttle. 99% cannot make it work. Lund Racing can

Myfast70

Established Member
Most shops will rent you dyno time to do tuning. We've rented a few Denis locally to do our own tuning. The price varies from shop to shop but most are pretty reasonable.

Tytus2012

Established Member
I bet you can NOT wait!!! :beer:

:rockon:

You are right I so can not wait. It has made time go by very slow knowing I have the date set.
If anyone is by power by the hour let me know and you can come check the build out.

From what I know a remote tune isn't any different then a regular tune. Regular tune- car is on dyno makes a pull data shows up on computer tuner adjusts. Remote - car on dyno makes a pull data shows up on computer and then data file(log) sent to the tuner. Tuner makes adjustment sends back. Only differnce is the tuner being in the room.
Van please chime in if I am off about any of this.

scottGT500

Established Member
You are right I so can not wait. It has made time go by very slow knowing I have the date set.
If anyone is by power by the hour let me know and you can come check the build out.

From what I know a remote tune isn't any different then a regular tune. Regular tune- car is on dyno makes a pull data shows up on computer tuner adjusts. Remote - car on dyno makes a pull data shows up on computer and then data file(log) sent to the tuner. Tuner makes adjustment sends back. Only differnce is the tuner being in the room.
Van please chime in if I am off about any of this.

:beer:

Van@RevanRacing

All calibrations are performed the same way.

1. Datalog Car through vehicle PCM
2. Dyno Run File Review (With Boost, RPM, Torque and Air Fuel Trace)

Whether the person is sitting in the car or at a computer else where they make the same changes. Lund Racing makes the changes and then resends the file as a downloadable link from their ZenDesk and then load the tune.

Repeat until all is well and calibration is set. Usually a few pulls.

They tuned a 1,200 RWHP Super Snake REMOTELY.

In fact Jon has only tuned one of my cars in person and that was 2007 GT500 back in 2008 and again in 2010. Other than that all of my cars have been remotely tuned by Lund Racing.

Tytus2012

Established Member
Scott I have had my KB on since Wednesday. All I have to say is this thing just went to beast mode. My car pulls so hard and just keeps pulling all the way through the power band. I made 757hp and 675tq that is 164 hp and 100tq over stock. Now when I was at the shop i saw a 14 shelby make 640hp and 686tq with the 13-6 kit upper pulley and xpipe. it was just a email tune so i am sure there is room to improve. I thought it seemed low but who knows. I love the whine too. I hope some of this helps.

scottGT500

Established Member
Scott I have had my KB on since Wednesday. All I have to say is this thing just went to beast mode. My car pulls so hard and just keeps pulling all the way through the power band. I made 757hp and 675tq that is 164 hp and 100tq over stock. Now when I was at the shop i saw a 14 shelby make 640hp and 686tq with the 13-6 kit upper pulley and xpipe. it was just a email tune so i am sure there is room to improve. I thought it seemed low but who knows. I love the whine too. I hope some of this helps.

I bet your car is NUTS now! lol

Get some gooooood tires and be safe! Thanks for the update!

Scott

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member

Holy sh*t

What pulley & octane and are you using a lower ?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

Thats crazy low. :??:

Tytus2012

Established Member
I bet your car is NUTS now! lol

Get some gooooood tires and be safe! Thanks for the update!

Scott
I have mpss 295. Second actually hooks pretty well. First I definitely have to work the gas pedal.

Holy sh*t

What pulley & octane and are you using a lower ?
For my KB set up 93 octane, 3" pulley no lower. At 17.36 boost

Thats crazy low. :??:

I know that's what I thought they did 3 runs because they thought the same. All runs were the same. My intake and tune made 640hp and 646tq. I figured it would put way more down but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread