KB 2.2L Question on 99-01

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
KB 2.2L...looking into the purchase of one of these bad boys running about 15psi, 560 rwhp, now for my questions...I know I will need 03 tank and pumps, but how does the boost a pump work, do you actually have to change the settings or can you just tune it in and leave it a one specific setting...same question on the boost a spark do I have to mess with settings all the time or do I even need the boost a spark...? will 42 lb injecters be enough for 15 psi or do I need to step up a tad...thanks I'm just trying to learn before I dive in...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
hope you built the bottom end

anyways, the BAP has settings on it like you mentioned just set it, dyno it, and change your setting sas necessary. The BAS i know nothing about but i really don't think you'll need it. Oh and you'll need a new hood because the 2.2 will not fit under the stock one.

have fun with the install also, the instructions are infact top notch but the 99/01 cobra install is a bitch!!!!. Grinding down the casting bosses on the block as well as the knock sensors in order for the discharge manifold to seat properly sucks.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
will a aftermarket CAI work with the 2.2L or do you have to use the one with the kit...?

The Kit comes with a 03/04 Cobra inlet tube. So any aftermarket CAI will work. If you want to get one JLT can hook you up with one that will flow just as much as the KB piece. The KB piece flows over 1000CFM

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
let me ask the guys running the 2.2L are you running the 6 or 8 rib set-up, the website makes it out to be a little confusing...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I am running the 6 rib set up with the 1.7L

BTW 42# injectors come with the kit, but if you plan on going to 560RWHP you may want bigger injectors. I know more than a few guys running 60# injectors on 550RWHP+ injectors. I don't know if thats overkill or not

Users who are viewing this thread