KB 2.2 help please

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Wrapping up my KB 2.2 install tonight. Started the car and it idles fine. Go to rev it and it hesitate and stumbles really bad, and the AF goes real lean. Thought maybe the new accufab was the issue so I poped the stocker back on with no change. Trying to rev it from the throttle body I noticed the blow off valve closes as soon as I open the blades, and I can hear the blower whine as it stumbles. Also confirmed via boost gauge the blow off is closing as I can see it holding 8#'s steady while the rpms are attempting to climb. Anyone have an idea what i have done wrong:shrug: Why is it trying to build boost while free reving. Thanks in advance, Chris

**EDIT** Also I should note, The tune I am on is for a BAP @ 45% but, I have not installed the BAP yet as I am making sue the blower is right before I keep going.

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
try loading the stock tune into it and see if the problem goes away. is it a email tune?

SNK-BITE

Established Member
try loading the stock tune into it and see if the problem goes away. is it a email tune?

Yeah its a tune from rick at amazon. Cant flash any of my previous tunes as they were all on stock injectors. Tripple checked all the vac lines since my last post. Shot an email out to rick, hopefuly it is something overlooked in the tune.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Well its a tune issue. Rick sent me 3 revisions out today. It will idle, rev and drive but, it still has a part throttle stumble and wot a/f is still mid 14's. Hopefuly next week he can get it dialed in.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Be safe with it getting dialed in
My tuner gave me a base tune and it idled well, I wouldn't go WOT
Then took it to the tuner to get it perfect

Avispa

Established Member
Well its a tune issue. Rick sent me 3 revisions out today. It will idle, rev and drive but, it still has a part throttle stumble and wot a/f is still mid 14's. Hopefuly next week he can get it dialed in.

PLEASE try to keep your foot out of it until you get that last issue fixed. You don't need a set of melted pistons!!

Jensanity

Established Member
I'm having a similar issue. Any chance your alternator is on it's way out, and not sending adequate voltage to your pumps at WOT? My a/f was around yours until I replaced my alternator. Then the a/f was in the 11s but touched 12...after doing 2 revisions and me doing close to 10 WOT pulls the a/f ended up back in the 13s with the latest revision that should have set it in the 11s throughout. Went back to the previous tune that I knew was mainly 11s and it too was in the 13s now. As I pulled up to my house the car died, and has died roughly 5 times since as I cost to stops. New alternator should be here today or Monday. Good luck, bud. Hope we both get these issues lined out.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
No it just a cut and dry tune problem. Voltage is steady 13.6 at the pumps. I believe rick is having issues dialing in the fuel with the maf curves.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
No it just a cut and dry tune problem. Voltage is steady 13.6 at the pumps. I believe rick is having issues dialing in the fuel with the maf curves.

Jensanity

Established Member
Gotcha! Hope mine is just the alternator. I can't imagine why else my tune would be almost perfect one run and then the a/f too lean a run later?! Plus with how the car dies rolling up to a stop on neutral or with the clutch engaged seems like the alt to me as well? This has turned out taking way longer than I had hoped! Glad I'm doing it though. My old tune was either real low on timing or on the ragged edge! The car had no mafia and stock injectors with a ported blower/tb/plenum and a 2.8"/4# combo with longtubes a jlt high boost intake and a BAP. For this retune I've added a mafia and needed 60# injectors to get adequate fueling!

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Gotcha! Hope mine is just the alternator. I can't imagine why else my tune would be almost perfect one run and then the a/f too lean a run later?! Plus with how the car dies rolling up to a stop on neutral or with the clutch engaged seems like the alt to me as well? This has turned out taking way longer than I had hoped! Glad I'm doing it though. My old tune was either real low on timing or on the ragged edge! The car had no mafia and stock injectors with a ported blower/tb/plenum and a 2.8"/4# combo with longtubes a jlt high boost intake and a BAP. For this retune I've added a mafia and needed 60# injectors to get adequate fueling!

Hope you get yours worked out, Just went out and started my car. Cold start is HORRIBLE, Keeps trying to die, wont rev etc. Didnt get alot accomplished in 3 revisions so its not looking super promising:nonono:

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Sounds like you need a different tuner.......

Closest reputable tuner to me is steegy but, word around here is who ever he has doing his tuning is poping engines like its his job. Working with rick at amazon currently.

asierra1

Established Member
I went with rick at first, and he nailed the upper only Eaton tune. However, when I went tvs, we just couldn't get the tune dialed in. My car would act similar to yours. Stumbled when any throttle was given, and horrible starts. I eventually trailered the car three hours away to the nearest reputable tuner. Car runs and drives great now. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses.

Jensanity

Established Member
Hope you get yours worked out, Just went out and started my car. Cold start is HORRIBLE, Keeps trying to die, wont rev etc. Didnt get alot accomplished in 3 revisions so its not looking super promising:nonono:

Damn, bud. You've checked your FRPS, right? It's hard to imagine someone that tunes for a living struggling so much with a common setup

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Damn, bud. You've checked your FRPS, right? It's hard to imagine someone that tunes for a living struggling so much with a common setup

Yep. Its good, pressure is steady at 40#. I have been sending him logs but, its so lean I can't get a good one. Having to let out at 3k. I just don't think he is getting aggressive enough with the fuel tables. A/f starts at 16.5 and drops to 14.5 so its trying to fatten up just not at the same rate air is coming in.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
**Update**

Big thumbs up for rick at amazon! Ended up being an issue with setting #2 on the mafia. Switched over to #3 with a new tune from rick and runs like a raped ape now. Just a hair more on the fuel adjustments and it will be right. Thanks Rick!

Users who are viewing this thread