KB 2.1 on a 5.4 performance?

musclemustang65

NA again
Established Member
I was wondering how my kenne bell 2.1 with mammoth Intake would perform on a 5.4 lightining motor. For comparisons sake I make 466/472 with a bone stock 02 2v on 15psi. I'm just not sure how the extra dispacement would differ with the 2.1

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
Well, the kenne bell/autorotor 2.3 they used to offer makes good power up into the 600's but is maxed about there, i could see the 2.1 be pretty close in power output

01yellercobra

Established Member
How much more can you spin the KB? I have a 5.3 with a Vortech T trim and full exhaust. I have the blower maxed out and only see about 14-15psi. And that's with an 8 rib swap and Thumper tensioner. It hasn't seen a dynamic though so I don't know the horsepower. I do know I've kept up with a Z06 with an intake and tune though.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
he said Lightning engine, so i assumed 2v heads. 4v heads are way more efficient and will likely leave that 2.1 out of steam pretty early

Whinee2v

Established Member
Biggest ill go is a 5.1 from CHP. I called Kenne Bell and they think anything over a 5.0 would be too much. I don't think the 2.1 would breathe enough for a big 5.4. You can alway try and let us know lol if it really help ill find me a lightning motor too haha

Users who are viewing this thread