Kandahar, Afghanistan

stangliter04

Established Member
Bringing this back. I'll be leaving in about 2wks. Bought a 2TB HD, some ps3 games, getting my stuff ready. What are the living conditions like? Can you get workout supplements easy?

It's pretty nice over here this time of year... Had a rocket hit pretty close this morning but those are pretty rare anymore. You'll have pretty good living conditions, little crowded but it beats a tent. Supplements and working out won't be a problem.

stangliter04

Established Member
Nothing other then what you have already mentioned bringing... You'll have access to whatever you need when you get here. I've got an extra TV for sale that i'll give you a good deal on when you get here if you decide to buy one.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I'm here on KAF right now about to get my last demo cert before I head to the FOB. Its crowded, very busy and tons of transients like myself. The poo pond can be unbearable at times. But this place does have a lot of amenities. The internet service is ok. I can call home using magic jack on my iphone and face time when its not too busy.

usafimj

Established Member
This place is a lot better than some make it out to be. Only complaint is the shit load of people and it's dusty as ****. Free wifi in our living qtrs, tons of chow halls with decent food, laundry gets done for you for free, gyms are good, bx has mostly everything you'll need. Really can't complain unless you're going to be a b****.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
This place is a lot better than some make it out to be. Only complaint is the shit load of people and it's dusty as ****. Free wifi in our living qtrs, tons of chow halls with decent food, laundry gets done for you for free, gyms are good, bx has mostly everything you'll need. Really can't complain unless you're going to be a b****.

Told you. Lots of bitches complain but they have no idea what it COULD be like. That goes for civilian and military alike

stangliter04

Established Member

Thats what I thought once I arrived. I wonder how some of these people could have survived in another time period.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Definitely bring a laptop to watch movies on. I was on Bagram back in '04 but I'm sure it wasn't that much different.

Cbarr300

Established Member
Told you. Lots of bitches complain but they have no idea what it COULD be like. That goes for civilian and military alike

I did a convoy from leatherneck to Kabul and Kandahar was one place we stopped by. Any person complaining about being stationed there is smoking bat shit. Place is awesome. I will say leatherneck is getting better, but compared to Kandahar its still a fob.

You're right it can be a lot worse. I was fobbed out to Edinburgh before it started getting built up. Taking a dump in a barrel is always fun. Especially when you get the aroma of burning crap right next to u.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Now that I have been at FOB Apache for a little over a month I can say that KAF was ****ing awesome compared to this place. Now Apache isn't too terrible, its the CSM's, all 9 of them that make this place a hell hole. But at least we don't have a poo pond!

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I bet the guys who stay on the big bases get bored.

I spent a lot of my time at an SF fob in Nangalam.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Living quarters, wifi, chow hall, buildings?

I was there in 2009 and all we had was like 8 computers and 6 phones. I lived in a 100 man circus tent for 7 months! I remember LSA 4 was being built and there were no cans. Just 100 man tents and 20 man tents for officers.

I'd say bring a hard drive full of movies and shows. Maybe bring a computer game or two.

Users who are viewing this thread