KAM reset q's

mhyjek

Established Member
How long or how many miles does it take the computer to learn to get an accurate datalog? Reason being I'm using a fuel additive ACESIV that raises octane from 93 to 101-102 octane. So what I'm trying to accomplish is do a reset fill up with additive let computer learn the long term trims than datalog to see how it adjusts with a datalog. Also when you see negative knock numbers that corresponds with it adding timing correct? Thanks for the help, hopefully Shaun/AED will chime in here...

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How long or how many miles does it take the computer to learn to get an accurate datalog? Reason being I'm using a fuel additive ACESIV that raises octane from 93 to 101-102 octane. So what I'm trying to accomplish is do a reset fill up with additive let computer learn the long term trims than datalog to see how it adjusts with a datalog. Also when you see negative knock numbers that corresponds with it adding timing correct? Thanks for the help, hopefully Shaun/AED will chime in here...

I think you'll start seeing the car adjust right away as you make changes.

you can always do a fresh flash as well if you want.

mhyjek

Established Member
I think you'll start seeing the car adjust right away as you make changes.

you can always do a fresh flash as well if you want.
That is what I was planning to do. Here is there info check it out: ACES IV Gasoline Formula Fuel Catalyst
My cousin with the z06 who self tunes was able to add 3 degrees in his tune with know knock in 100 degree days. 3 oz per tank about $5 and your running 101 octane plus has top end lubrication. You know me Doctor saftey:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread