k/n or roush cai for an 06 gt

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
alright so ive always been partial to the k/n kits for all my cars well me and my step dad are messing aorund with a recently purchased 06gt. well for xmas i said hell with him getting shitty gifts and want to buy a cai to start the ball rolling. i noticed the roush cai as well and its not a huge difference in price i was wondering if there is any noticeable difference. any one have suggestions? so far it only has a steeda exhaust on it, plans are twin blade tb, cai, header back exhaust, gears and a tune so go from there thanks guys

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
jlt.. and dont spend the money on the throttle body.. its not worth any power.

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
i was looking at the jlt's but he doesnt want to run the handheld was planning on having it tuned by our shop unless they dont flash the chips anymore and all run handhelds. does jlt have a no tune cai

"05GT"

Established Member
You can get a tune and intake combo for around 500-600 bucks

That's the best way to go.

Also a TB is not worth it unless you start doing more things then a cai

gray 5.0

up and running
Established Member
leaning more to the jlt now but when it comes to tuning i have a few ?s ie had a bunch of foxes and always had the chip burned and tuned that way. is that still done with these new computers in the 05 and up cars? or is all the shops use is the handheld tuners?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
JLT for sure on a 05-10 car. Your computer will have to be reflashed by using a handleld... no more chips these days. If you just go with a JLT, tune, off-road mid pipe, gears, and cmrc delete plates you will not recognize the car! Great bang for the buck with these parts. Long tube headers will benefit, but can be costly. Mufflers & throttle body does nothing at your power level.

clc44

Established Member
Get the JLT/SCT tuner from American Muscle. You can get free tunes from Bama tuning. Not as good as custom but it'll do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread