K&N intake....

Shinigami

Established Member
Anyone have one? they look really smooth flowing.

I know JLT is supposed to be the best....but i hate look how they look built from home depot built.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
IMG_4052.JPG

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
no offence...but the flame look ricey, and eliminates the shaker.

Flame look ricey??......this coming from Mr. Taurus Tuning. LOL.

I highly DISAGREE..the flames look kickass, especially on a TR mach.

The FIPKs are good kits. Some have had problems with them because of the MAF screen. I installed it on my EX's and never had a problem. For the look and performance you can't go wrong given the $$ you spend. I got it over everyone else's kit, because you can walk 2 blocks and go to a K and N distributor/dealer (in case you have issues). All those other brands you can't.

If you are looking at long-term high HP goals..might want to look into C and L's 85mm kit.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
I have the K&N FIPK.. kind of a PITA to install with a strut tower brace, but I made it work. I've never taken this car to a dyno, so I have no idea what increases there may have been, but my butt-meter says I gained a few hp.

TRXboy

Established Member
These motor's don't make enough power N/A for a CAI to really make much of a difference (what, 2HP Tops bettwen the different brands?) The K&N is fine for a bolt on application, if your going to want more power, you will more than likley rip it out for a Blower anyway (unless N2o of course.)

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
These motor's don't make enough power N/A for a CAI to really make much of a difference (what, 2HP Tops bettwen the different brands?) The K&N is fine for a bolt on application, if your going to want more power, you will more than likley rip it out for a Blower anyway (unless N2o of course.)

+1.

It really comes down to looks and economics. Some say build quality, but they are all pretty much the same.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I've seen a JLT RAI pull an extra 6 rwhp over a C&L inlet in back-to-back dyno pulls.

xCoNtroL SpasMx

Established Member
been happy with mine.... i would sell it to ya when i get my kb but i don't assume you would want to wait that long

Ohms

Established Member
I have the K&N intake, might not be the "best" but for what im doing its good enough It looks pretty stock aswell, plus i get a good deal on K&N.
Not sure on actual power it made, but the butt dyno felt a little somthing, response seemed alot better too. Once I get a tune im sure ill notice more aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread