K&N FIPK onboard....

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: Bought from John at Socal Motorsports at a price no one can beat. Call him at www.socalmotorsports.com, and let him know that you are a SVTOA Member and a SVTPerformance Forum Member.

My son and I fitted the FIPK night before last. Was certainly easier for having two pairs of hands, as the gasket alignment can be a bit of a tease. As someone has posted before, have some fine sandpaper ready to smooth off the rough finish (4 little cusps on the inner face of the doughnut). We opted not to drill the hole as the setup was very stable without it. At first glance, the heat-shield threatened to collide with the hood on closing, but it is just a nice snug fit (as it should be). The MAF ended up at 12 o'clock, but with no effect on performance todate.

We let the car idle for 7 or 8 minutes, and the idle ran low, at around 500. Because of rain, did not take her out until the next day, and then the idle was back to normal just below 700. Car ran faultlessly. Would not describe the effect as SOTP, but definitely feels taught and sharper in pickup through the range.

One last thought....if you have an aftermarket alarm fitted, remember to disable it before disconnecting the battery....scared myself silly and banged my head on the hood!:coolman:

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Me too

Installed mine this morning, same positive results. No stalling or low idle. Definite SOTP improvement for me. Boost comes on sooner and blower whine is louder. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread