k&n fipk kit

B

blown03cobra

i have, fits very nicely, I will have Evilcartman send you pics after we take them tommorow so dont let me forget,,, whoever wants pics of the install pm me.. Take care guys:beer:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
:nono:
I already pulled the snorkel off. Added the k$n 0945 filter charger to the stock box. The application is for the 2001 Cobra, but it fit's exact. I drove the car for 30 minutes switched to the k$n and went right back out. wOw! what a difference!! I can now here some throat to the engine, even snappier (as if it needs it)acceleration. All someone would have to deisgn at this point is two hoses that run from the front lower round air intakes up into that fender where they aim at the filter??? Now have 369.2 miles. Have yet to wOt.

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
anyone know what the main difference is between the kit and just adding the filter (besides the obvious)? Is the Kit worth the extra 100 dollars? Also by putting in the kit, will we not be maximizing the hp cause it's drawing from the engine compartment and not the fender well? damn thats alot of ?'s sorry :bash: :bash:

Undy

Established Member
I'm not sure if the 99/01 filter's going to flow enough for the 03.. It was designed for a normally aspirated motor (non-supercharged) .. The reason I mention this is that I had a JDM filter on my 01 Lightning. The lightning and the 03 probably flow close to the same amount of air, in stock form. It was about 6" in diameter at the base and 12" long having a substantially greater surface area than K&N's version for the 01 Cobra.. In looking at some posted pics of a 03 application of the K&N filter I discovered the area where the filter resides would accept a much larger filter than the K&N unit. Hopefully the Lightning tuners will ante up on this one...

BTW.... I can email you a pic of the installed K&N. The file size is too big.

Users who are viewing this thread