K&N filters

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: The service manager at my dealer tells me not to fit a K&N filter on my 03 yet. He says there have been several reports of superchargers pulling filter material into the system. Says K&N are working on a filter designed to fix the problem. Any insights?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
First I ever heard of that. Plus, if there was material that came loose, it would have to small enough to fit through the screen in the MAF. Anyways, I've had no problems with mine, nor did I on my '86 which also had a blower and K&N filter.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by eiblish
:coolman: The service manager at my dealer tells me not to fit a K&N filter on my 03 yet. He says there have been several reports of superchargers pulling filter material into the system. Says K&N are working on a filter designed to fix the problem. Any insights?

Humm, that service manager does not want you to get bitten by the mod bug. Can't imagine this is true.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
:rollseyes . Sounds like b.s. to me. They probably tell you that to avoid modding the car so it saves them some warranty work on their part. Plenty of the guys on this site run K&N's with nothing like that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread