K&N FILTER!!!!!

my03svtcobra

Established Member
If you have not replaced your filter yet you need to run to PEP BOYS and pick one up! For $49.00 bucks let me tell you first hand its 10 min. mod and a good 16/20 hp like snap.
my car only had 120 miles on it today i picked up the filter replaced it and took it for a ride and let me tell you !!!
WHAT A DIFERANCE!! breakes the tires like they had no treads left and the response is huge the blower is louder too

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
No, it's the rubber "snout" that goes from the airbox into the fenderwell. It looks glued on, but it isn't (hmmm, maybe they knew people would be ditching them...). See Postban's sig for removal procedure. Five minute job... Reward in more blower noise: Priceless :-D

2003snake

Established Member
Please tell me what type of filter is this. can I finally get rid of that black round looking thing....should I wait if I'm going to get a CAI?

Does the filter just attach right to the MAF

What's the # from K&N??

Thanks!

FLBuckeye

Established Member
I took mine out of my Expedition, cleaned it with the kit, but it's still a little dark towards the bottom......How clean should it be ?
TIA

Mordeth

Established Member
Originally posted by eddy z
take the screen out as well.. will improve air flow..

I would not recommend taking the screen out. It is there for a reason, namely to stop debris from entering your intake tract. The amount of improved airflow from removing the screen is minimul, and the risk is not worth it.

Mordeth

ZXnVS

Established Member
Originally posted by FLBuckeye
I took mine out of my Expedition, cleaned it with the kit, but it's still a little dark towards the bottom......How clean should it be ?
TIA

If I recall, K&N says not to be too anal about cleaning, since the dirt actually improves the filtering action. Of course it does need to be cleaned occasionally, but if most of the surface area of the filter is clean a bit of dirt around the base should be OK. The most important thing is to oil it per their instructions.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have a K&N drop in filter that Im looking to get rid of. I used it for about 1000 miles until my cold air kit was delivered. Its in excellent shape and I still have the original box that it came in. Anyone interested please send me a Private Message and well work somthing out. BLack03

FlashSVT

Established Member
take the screen out as well.. will improve air flow..
Actually, the opposite can occur. The screen smoothes out airflow, reducing turbulence, allowing the MAF to get a more accurate reading.

Users who are viewing this thread