K&N Filter for the 03????????

nsreed

Established Member
Can anybody tell be if K&N has a system, or any other brand that will work on the 03 so I can eliminate the plumbing. Will an 01 K&N system work?
Would like to go from the mass air sensor down the front air dam is possible.
Thanks
Ned

fangstang

Established Member
I dont think that it came out yet, but I will be using the lower portion of my BBK intake from my 2001.

Edin

Yellow Horse

Established Member
The air intake is a lot different than the 01 if I remember correctly. I got in a K&N filter today for an 01 and I'll stick it on tomorrow to see if it fits. MM&FF put one on an 03 they dynoed. Figure it'll fit.

Ram Rod

Got Truck?
Established Member
Good luck finding one I can tell you from just trying to find one around town, it would be better to pull some of my teeth. I think they are different from the 2001 version.My 2 cents.

So Says Me.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
hoofbeat, are you talking about your 03 Cobra? I think the cannisters are exactly the same except the outlet for the MAF is angles now. Did you remove your silencer?

Cobra'03

Established Member
I am going to use the Holley Power Shot part no. 222-1. It has high flow and more pleats than the K&N, and is Ford Blue. Plus, supposedly, its oil stays put and won't foul the MAF sensor as has been reported by some K&N users.

hoofbeat

Established Member
yellow horse,yes 03 cobra no i did not take the silencer off. of some interest i talked to jdm eng. and gef today about cat back systems jdm thinks they will have somthing available by the end of next week 510.00 plus shipping gef has frp available for 599.00 plus shipping jdm uses magne flows gef uses borlea.

Users who are viewing this thread