K&N Drop in filter

topher_csr

has anyone used the K & N drop in filter? i just ordered one and was wondering if it is going to make any difference at all. i just bought the car, a 2003 SVTF, and i figured i would repalced the filter. any positive or negative feelings on this one. i like the idea of keeping the stock air box and plumbing. so the drop in seemed good to me. thanks

Sapperstang

Established Member
Nothing you can feel. I did the k@n stuff back in the day on some cars but these days I don't waste the money on them.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
About the best option on the SVTF for intake wise. The stock intake/box/snorkel is amazing for airflow.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
its actually good for a few hp on the SVTF.

i am switching from my short ram back to an SVT airbox with a K&N drop in for my supercharged SVTF

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Just went from a CAI back to stock with a paper filter and then to a stock intake with a K&N drop in and I really do think the K&N made a difference.

Not like it's a terribly expensive mod anyways.

VonKaiser

Established Member
I will miss the lovely blower whine the short ram provides...

I can hear a slight sucking "whine" noise from my K&N. Especially when the windows are up, the A/C is off and the radio is not on. :)

Just went from a CAI back to stock with a paper filter and then to a stock intake with a K&N drop in and I really do think the K&N made a difference.

Not like it's a terribly expensive mod anyways.

Best $30 I've ever spent for a mod! I love mine.

Question though, how often should I clean it?

Users who are viewing this thread