K&n Box

Dekorum

Established Member
Does anyone have a K&N air filter box lying around somewhere? I need a damn box because the auto parts store wont let me return my filter, cause I threw out the box. I bought the drop in filter but then got a cold air soon after, so the filter is practically brand new and I deserve my 50 dollars back.. lol.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I work at AAP and hate customers like you. Would you buy a $50 sandwich and eat a few bites and then return it because you were full?

You used it, it can't be resold, you're not entitled to your money back.

Dekorum

Established Member
I work at AAP and hate customers like you. Would you buy a $50 sandwich and eat a few bites and then return it because you were full?

You used it, it can't be resold, you're not entitled to your money back.

Haha. Thanks. Actually, the store is AAP. But I still think I am entitled to at least half the original cost.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Haha. Thanks. Actually, the store is AAP. But I still think I am entitled to at least half the original cost.

You think AAP is a swap meet?
You either get all your money back, or none.
it's used. Keep it or sell it on Ebay :shrug:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
+1. It doesn't work that way playa. Go buy a car and use it for a month and try to return it for full value cause you found somethin better and let us know how it goes.

Dekorum

Established Member
Haha, of course it doesn't work like that. But I'm gonna try it anyway cause I can't be spending 50 bucks on something I'm not using. I guess I'll try to sell it on ebay if no one here can get me a box. Ebay will bring me like 10 bucks unfortunately though..

amorrow

Established Member
And it's not fair to the next purchaser who will pay full price for a "practically brand new" filter. I've had to return numerous parts because of people like you, and it pisses me off that some idiot who thinks he's entitled to his "50 dollars back", just made his problem a burden on me.

A filter really isn't a big deal, so I apologize for the rant. But the automotive hobby would be much more pleasant if guys like you were a bit more considerate and showed a little integrity.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you work at AAP, you must know about the a-hole kids putting K&N filters in other brand boxes.
My buddy worked at an AAP.

Dekorum

Established Member
And it's not fair to the next purchaser who will pay full price for a "practically brand new" filter. I've had to return numerous parts because of people like you, and it pisses me off that some idiot who thinks he's entitled to his "50 dollars back", just made his problem a burden on me.

A filter really isn't a big deal, so I apologize for the rant. But the automotive hobby would be much more pleasant if guys like you were a bit more considerate and showed a little integrity.

:-D

Thank you for your opinion on myself as a person. But, no.. I don't typically buy things that I want to return anyway. Appreciate the idiot comment. Good thing you realized you should apologize for the "rant" because I really hate to start shit online but you started to get a little of order over there.

Dekorum

Established Member
Expiate yourselves!! It is indeed healthy.
Looks like I will be throwing out this nice red filter and getting a job. :cryying:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
rant on

Ya, I hate that shit. Just keep the damn filter. It's used....

I hate going to get a new starter, putting it in, and finding out that it was indeed bad as well becuase the last douche bag hooked up the wires improperly and fried out the solenoid... but then returned it because they "didnt need it anymore" or "it didnt fit"

People like you need to be kicked in the balls. Ever heard of karma...? you may get your money back but you will probably leave the parking lot and get a nail in your sidewall. Then you think, "damn, if i wouldnt have been a tard and tried to get my 50 dollars back, I wouldnt need to buy a $100 plus dollar tire now, and be spending the time changing a flat".

just food for thought.

rant off

Last edited:

amorrow

Established Member
You show no consideration for anyone else, or any integrity in returning that filter. Lack of consideration and integrity can apply to a generalization of oneself "as a person" (don't see where you get that), or a single thoughtless action either an inconsiderate individual or an idiot [who doesn't even know better] would do (bingo!).

Reading your post again, I'm thinking....what?

And my apology wasn't really to you, but to other forum members who spent their time reading my rant. I usually don't get this irritated at forum posts, but I just spent far too much time today sorting through a Painless wiring kit for my '70 that was repackaged and contained parts showing wear.

Dekorum

Established Member
LOL nice opener and closer.
I don't think karma would apply to this situation because a filter can't be hooked up wrong and therefore BROKEN! It works as it did when the factory produced it. Whatever.. I WILL EAT THAT FOOD!

Dekorum

Established Member
You show no consideration for anyone else, or any integrity in returning that filter. Lack of consideration and integrity can apply to a generalization of oneself "as a person" (don't see where you get that), or a single thoughtless action either an inconsiderate individual or an idiot [who doesn't even know better] would do (bingo!).

Reading your post again, I'm thinking....what?

And my apology wasn't really to you, but to other forum members who spent their time reading my rant. I usually don't get this irritated at forum posts, but I just spent far too much time today sorting through a Painless wiring kit for my '70 that was repackaged and contained parts showing wear.

Whatever dude. Sorry about your wiring kit. I hate when that crap happens to me to. I guess no one really understands the fact that its a filter!! Its the same damn filter that came out of the box when it was new. Theres no wear that can even be seen by the naked eye.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
this thread is dead!

x13276583247584327-5438785635832643605832643265843236590-68943875374328758-67-03756843-7567-836789327-58384y6743-68-3790568-73-365-534--85hjdfhbvjdshgfkldsjfgasr98367u43jtgklerhgq3u459017906[u893uti3hgio3jtu35tegdhgjlhkldshgjdshgdjhguioeyt843yt3ht3ohgiohgio3;ngj3nbkjhgjkehrgjkehgje. :)

Users who are viewing this thread