K&N 57 Series

ericsnow25

Established Member
I have a 99 Cobra with a stock intake. The previous owner routed the filter to inside the fender with an aluminum piece. Anyways I want to get a K&N Intake, the 57 series. The photo on all the websites just show a filter w/ a heat shield. I want to know if anyone could post a picture of their 99/01 cobra with the k&n 57 series intake. If no one has a photo than I atleast wanna know what it comes with. K&N P/N #57-2523-2.

Thanks!!

01yellercobra

Established Member
If it's the kit I think it is, that's all it comes with. It uses the stock intake tube and places a cone filter at the end of the MAF.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
Please do not buy this intake, it’s not any good. I have own K&N products and intakes for years with good luck but this one was disappointing. I immediately ripped mine out and returned it. So is what you have a true CAI from a manufacture or home rigged?

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
that intake is pretty pricey to if i remember...you can go to american muscle and get a jlt ram air for cheaper and look better and probably perform better as well...that what i have and love it.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I dont know why the 03/04 Mach1 K&N intake tube hasnt been included with the POS 99-01 Cobra K&N intake that consists of a heat shield and a filter, w/ no replacement tube.

Not knowing this, I bought the K&N intake setup years ago, copied the heat shield out on paper and then returned the intake back to Summit, then I bought the correct air filter w/ MAF adapter off ebay for $25 and made my own heatshield with the paper template.

Users who are viewing this thread